Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking XB9 ECM Suggestions

@cooter
    thanks for the wisdom, very helpful

i’m going to get the bike now and hopefully an android within the next few days. will let ya know how it looks once i have the droid. but until then i’ll be gone riding))

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    ...subterfuge...
    Says the guy that invented stalking!

rkdw: Have fun, these are super awesome machines and I'll always have a spot in my garage for one Please post some nice pics in the Pic thread, we love pics here and 34:19 probably owned it at one time in the past.
    If you don't mind a suggestion:
    As a new-bike-to-you don't let the excitement of a new toy make you forget the basics. Wash it, really well! That will get you familiar with it and up close enough to notice little things, like pitted fork shafts or leaks. Pushing it around can show you bad wheel or stem bearings, brake issues, belt issues.
    Check air pressure, tire date codes, battery date code, flush the brake fluids (because NO ONE does that!), check the brake pads, brake light, signals, air filter (or buy a KN from me), adjust the suspension to factory starting point for your weight (then look up Dave Moss on You Tube to dial it in). LOTS of stuff to do before getting in the electronics of a "well running" bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Says the guy that invented stalking.
    Don’t hate the playa, hate the game!

Thanks guys. Finally, today is my garage day. Heading out to clean her up and do all pre-checks Will post some pics once it's shining))

So Ive put about 200 miles on the bike already and wow..best thing that money can buy.

Today I finally got an Android so I could check on that AFV like Cooter mentioned. It read 86.9 after riding about 50 miles today in 65F @ 1300FT. That seems especially low since the bike has Exhaust/K&N/breather mod, doesnt it? I was kind of expecting to see something like 110. The bike runs fine. I have nothing to compare it to really, but there are no problems, never stalls or hard starts..it does backfire a good bit on closed throttle engine braking, but that seems to be pretty common from reading here. I did nothing other than connect and read through the values. No changes or resets.

Any suggestions on things to check for that may cause a low AFV? Possibly other values in ecmdroid that could indicate something?

PS. Bike was previously titled in MN, @34ninteen was that you?
    Last edited by rkdw; 05-17-2021 at 04:28 AM.

That seems especially low since the bike has Exhaust/K&N/breather mod, doesnt it?

yes
    thread commenced with "i believe.....stock mapping". you'll never know till you confirm. you have no base-line to work with.

it does backfire a good bit on closed throttle engine braking, but that seems to be pretty common from reading here.
    not as common as the internet has lead you to believe. address that. it's annoying and unnecessary.
    pull fuel from "decel".....closely and competently check entire exhaust system for loose fittings...cracks...broken clamps...broken front hanger mount...crack at O2 sensor bung. air leak anywhere in this system exacerbates after-firing.

O2 sensor performing its swan-song

Quote Originally Posted by rkdw View Post
    34ninteen was that you?
    I think all of my ex-bikes currently live in AZ or CA. I see them pop up for sale from time to time.

...for more money...

Yeah, a lot of them have been put back up for sale for more money than I sold them for.

When I sold my first 1125CR, the guy told me some sob story about how he always wanted one and all he had was $xxxx. I bought his story and sold him the bike at his lowball price. Not even a week later he had it back up for sale for $500 more than I had it originally listed at. So, yeah...lesson learned.

Thanks for the advice Barrett.

I’ll check these items and get back to you guys with the findings. May take a lil while cause I have company visiting now.
    1. Verify if my map has been modified
    2. Check exhaust for leaks
    3. Replace the O2 sensor
    4. Verify temp sensors are working
    5. Clean air filter

What exactly does the ECM need to compute a new AFV value, riden at a specific rpm/tps, or will idling compute a value?

@34 too bad. that would have given me some insight into what has been done with this thing

Last edited by rkdw; 05-20-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12