Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
First off. THANK YOU for the wall of text. It is THAT information that lets strangers on the internet actually answer your questions will a better degree of accuracy! You know because you read those other worthless threads. "Help!! My bike won't start!" Whats spark? LOL.

Barrett is 100% correct about the idle raising being normal (in gear, when the clutch is let out). I'll have that issue at stop lights if I just 2-finger the clutch and don't pull it back all the way.

I wouldn't worry about the neutral switch. If the dash light is working correctly, IT is working correctly.
Error code 34 is all inclusive of IAC position low, position high, and circuit issues as well. I'd look there.
First by triple checking the connection, the pins in the plug, the pins on the IAC, follow the wiring back to the ECM. If that all looks good, check them individually for continuity while moving the harness around.
If that all checks out, possibly the pintle got pushed in and jammed when cleaning it? Carefully try and move the pintle to see if it's jammed.

If that all checks out (I'm not much for guessing and throwing parts at it), I'd cheat and swap a IAC on it. There really isn't anything else in the circuit to send that code?

I think you need to have 3 posts to be able to post pics? Hit the button that looks like a picture frame, choose where to find the pic, choose the pic, then press "upload" in the pic dialog box, you'll see it between brackets ATTACH in the body of your text.
OR
Copy/paste the IMG code from any hosting site like Flickr, Shutterfly, etc.
New neutral switch is working properly. Now the pintle is the shiny metal head that sits down into the chamber correct? I did not move that at all. Just wiped it down very gently didnt know if there was anything fragile in it. Just dipped some qtips in brake cleaner and cleaned out chamber which was pretty clean and wiped IAC unit itself. Now the plastic sleeve was moving and i can tell that was spring loaded so that was working properly. But the pintle i didnt not really touch. So possible that may be stuck. I shouldnt be able to move that around freely then. (noted) That's what I was thinking is buying another one and throwing it in there and seeing if it works. Ok so my understanding of the IAC is that the pintle moves up and down depending on air conditions/throttle. So with the error code saying IAC position too low means it is down too low and possible stuck or extends too far. Or there is something wrong with wiring somewhere and is causing a misread. I will start checking all these things that everyone has told me. Printing them out to add to a check list. Thank you so far for everyone that has responded.