Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the site

New to the site

Hello!
    You will have to forgive the way I speak.............I'm UK born and bred. Both of our nations speak English but it is this common language that divides us!
    I'm a bit fan of 70's Kawasaki 2 strokes. They go for stupid money over here and with petrol costing the equivalent of $10.98/US gallon, I had to let my 72 H1D go.
    As yet, not got a Buell but looking to buy a Ulysses due to my frame size. Only thing is, I don't like the seat and subframe arrangement so have already been looking on evilbay for Lightning seat rails etc.
    Not a lot available in the UK but have so far managed to buy the left seat rail off of a SS long and the rear end bit of the subframe. Still looking. Any advise on swapping out the seats, electrikery and subframes most welcome.
    Currently building a HD engined drop seat goosenecked chop. Will I ever finish it?

Cheers
    Nigel aka Bezbo

Amusing anecdote. Whilst on holiday in Florida, I found quite a few people could not pronounce "Nigel". It is not Miguel with an N!

Hello and welcome to the forum! You Brits invented English, but we perfected it here in 'Murica

A Lightning Ss or STT is identical frame, engine, very similar suspension, and size to a Uly. Maybe just shop for one of those? Good luck on your project!

Please don't let your memories of Florida represent the United States We've been trying to float that state your way for years.

Quote Originally Posted by bezbo View Post
    Hello!
    You will have to forgive the way I speak.............I'm UK born and bred. Both of our nations speak English but it is this common language that divides us!
    I'm a bit fan of 70's Kawasaki 2 strokes. They go for stupid money over here and with petrol costing the equivalent of $10.98/US gallon, I had to let my 72 H1D go.
    Dear Niguel,

There is also a forum member who enjoys the Kawasmokies as well. I was going to say he is sort of a legend, except that he is legend.

I agree with Cooter. Unless you can get a Ulysses for a VERY good price, the cost and effort of converting a Ulysses seat to a Ss may not be worth it. I too recommend holding out for a SS or STT. Even if the SS or STT is more money, you will likely be more in with a "converted Ulysses". My $0.02.

PS. You will never finish that "HD engined drop seat goosenecked chop", but often the journey is more enjoyable than the destination.

PPS. I do not own a Buell junkyard, regardless of what CoOter says. He is a jerk.

Your new pal,
    34:19

hello Nigel: there is no such thing as a 1972 kawasaki H1D. the 1972 H1 models consisted of two distinctly different models: the B model which had H2 forks...single front disc brake....points and condensor ignition. and the C model which had 1969 ceriani front forks...front drum brake...H2 CDI ignition. the D model was in 1973 only.

MidAtlanticCycle.com

John has spoken, and it is so.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    MidAtlanticCycle.com
    barrett.jpg

34:19 owns a junkyard.

Neener, neener

Nah too late! Bought a Ulysses last night or at least put a deposit down. Paid the equivalent of $5640. Not many Buells here for sale and seldom see them on the road. This one has done 10k miles and has the Buell luggage which will go straight on eBay. There is a complete seat, subframe, undertray, battery box etc on the US eBay but import tax and shipping make it too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    hello Nigel: there is no such thing as a 1972 kawasaki H1D. the 1972 H1 models consisted of two distinctly different models: the B model which had H2 forks...single front disc brake....points and condensor ignition. and the C model which had 1969 ceriani front forks...front drum brake...H2 CDI ignition. the D model was in 1973 only.

MidAtlanticCycle.com
    It was def an H1D and the log book said 1972. This bike was a US import and Kawasaki UK have to give a dating certificate in order for the UK Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority to issue and age related number plate ( I think you call them tags?) I do know that our DVLA sometimes get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum! You Brits invented English, but we perfected it here in 'Murica

A Lightning Ss or STT is identical frame, engine, very similar suspension, and size to a Uly. Maybe just shop for one of those? Good luck on your project!

Please don't let your memories of Florida represent the United States We've been trying to float that state your way for years.
    I like Florida, the only thing that spoils it is the Brits. Jeeez some are a bunch of polite A-holes on vacation!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast