Thread: miles on reserve?

miles on reserve?

how many miles are you guys generally getting on your reserve light? today was teh first day i had to drive any miles on the reserve but i was worried when i hit 10 miles

Meh. 25 miles before I get worried.

Ya, it's a little disconcerting to see the light but look at the gas pump after you fill up. Subtract those gallons by the 3.4 gallon total capacity and times that answer by your average MPG + the miles it says on the F and that answer equals the exact miles you can ride with the light on, on your bike.

For me (Lightning Long 4.4 gallon capacity) My fuel light turned on and I found a station after 10 miles. I put in 3.9 gallons.
    4.4 (capacity)-3.9 (I filled up) = .5 gallons is left in the tank.
    .5 gallons X 44MPG that I get = 22 miles left to go!
    22 miles + the 10 miles it took me to find the station means I can ride 32 miles total after the light is on before I gotta call 34:19's mom to pick me up.

TBH I can ride about 40 2/3 by swishing the tank after it dies, re-starting, blasting through the gears and shutting it off and coasting to the only gas station anywhere near New Cuyama, CA But honestly 40 2/3 miles is a LONG way after the light is on! And I found the light turns on at a really really consistent level (surprised).

thanks for the info. im loving my xb. ive wanted this bike forever and its not disappointing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I gotta call 34:19's mom to pick me up.
    Cooters secret fetish is being picked up by 75 year old women. She's originally from Arkansas, so I can see why Cooter likes her.

Roll credits. Joe Dirt!

She's a wonderful lady, lets me bum Pall Malls when my gov't check is late, and still has some of her teeth!