Thread: Cooter was RIGHT?????

Cooter was RIGHT?????

So, I've been chasing an issue on my S1. First it was an overflowing carb float bowl (even after I replaced the needle and verified the float height).

Then I was having an issue with the rear cylinder only wanting to randomly fire. At first, it was being caused by the carb overflowing and fouling the plug, but after I resolved the carb issue, it kept occuring.

Me: I need new wires, the rear plug doesnt want to fire.
    Cooter: Check the plug.
    Me: I did, its clean and brand new.
    Cooter: Did you check the resistance across the wires?
    Me:No.
    Cooter: How do you know its the wires?
    Me: The plugs are new, so they cant be bad. The wires are older but seem OK. They're probably the problem, though.
    Cooter: Try not to be an idiot. At least swap the cylinders the plugs are in to see if the misfire follows the plug. But if you just want to throw random money at the bike and hope you eventually get lucky, go ahead dummy. I'll sit back, drink your beer and watch you struggle.

Dammit, he was right!
    I'm stopping by the HD dealer tonight to pick up a 27794-08 (XR1200 stock plug) and put this to bed.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-17-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks, but I'm not very smart, I've just owned a lot of pieces of shiit

And daym son, your S-1 turned out SUWHEET You'll have so many old dudes flocking to talk to you about it at the gas station! and it will look so good next to your MV Agusta

Yeah, I got into motorcycles for the chicks, but all I get are middle-aged me chatting me up at the gas station.

Damn you and your sweet MV Agustas. Luckily? for me, I've also been looking at catamarans.