Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLT Graph Question

CLT Graph Question

I've been messing around with trying to get a good data graph on ECMdroid. I finally managed to pull one in and open it up in MegaLogViewer. The data seems to look pretty good, mostly since I really don't know what to look for...

One thing that seems kind of odd is the temperature trend. It is the green line in the lower graph. It seems to spike suddenly and then drop off. This is the entire graph:
    Screenshot (1).jpg

Here is a zoomed in view of the temperature spike:
    Screenshot (2).jpg

The fan is set to come on at 220 and shut off at 180 with the key on.

Does this look normal?

Are you looking for problems? Because thats how you find them

I was actually looking to see where the AFV was running when I noticed the spike in the CLT. I would have thought the graph would show a rapid decrease to match the increase if the reading was caused by a short. Too bad this isn't linked to GPS so I could see where I was when the CLT reading spiked.

I always look for problems during the "new vehicle paranoia period". When I don't find anything wrong I rapidly drift into the "it's-always-been-OK complacency period". Then you throw in a new toy and a new tool to feed my unnatural attraction to spreadsheets and graphs... it just goes downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Are you looking for problems? Because thats how you find them
    It beats finding them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    It beats finding them like this.

fine.jpg

Makes sense, well put. It only looks like a couple degrees of "spike", it doesn't return (like you said), and theres a ramp/time on it so I would safely rule out a bad connection. I would guess a load on that circuit or something? Does it correlate with the fan turning on? I'm just spitballing. Can't say I've ever had to graph the CLT.

Nice ashtray 34:19

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    I've been messing around with trying to get a good data graph on ECMdroid. I finally managed to pull one in and open it up in MegaLogViewer. The data seems to look pretty good, mostly since I really don't know what to look for...

One thing that seems kind of odd is the temperature trend. It is the green line in the lower graph. It seems to spike suddenly and then drop off. This is the entire graph:
    Screenshot (1).jpg

Here is a zoomed in view of the temperature spike:
    Screenshot (2).jpg

The fan is set to come on at 220 and shut off at 180 with the key on.

Does this look normal?
    I dropped my hot pocket.

I didn't have a burrito for lunch that day, so it wasn't me. I also checked the O2 log and it didn't drop like I would have expected if I entered a "hang fire" state significant enough to bump the CLT graph. Besides I can prove that both Buell seats are free of heat damage or serious soiling. That didn't occur until Sundays ride when I entered a sharp downhill turn to the left going entirely too fast....

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Makes sense, well put. It only looks like a couple degrees of "spike", it doesn't return (like you said), and theres a ramp/time on it so I would safely rule out a bad connection. I would guess a load on that circuit or something? Does it correlate with the fan turning on? I'm just spitballing. Can't say I've ever had to graph the CLT.

Nice ashtray 34:19
    I ran the CLT graph with the Fan Duty. Sure enough, when the fan came on the CLT spiked immediately AFTER. Do you also pick lotter numbers?

I sacrifice virgins

7-10-33-65-82

Last edited by Cooter; 05-20-2021 at 04:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast