Thread: XB12ss/scg VS. 1125CR

XB12ss/scg VS. 1125CR

Hi all. I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has ridden both XB12 lightnings and 1125CRs. I'm in the market and interested in both bikes. I love the SCG lightnings, but a 6 speed gearbox and the rotax motor are hard to ignore. Would love any thoughts, opinions experiences etc. Looking for a bit of a hooligan bike. Love to wheelie and have fun, either of these bikes significantly superior for that?

I have. The Scg or Ss is simply a matter of size. Your size. Pick the one that fits. The 1125 is a completely different animal.
    XB for daily, long trips, fun turns, all around good time. 1125 for hair raising adventures and you want to get off at 200 miles until next weekend.
    Both are STELLAR motorcycles.

I’ve owned all 3. The scg is the best looking due to the lowered height, but you pay for it in the ride quality. My favorite Buell is the Ss model as I love the slightly longer wheelbase and the slightly more relaxed geo.

The 1125cr is a totally different animal and is much smoother and faster than the XB’s. But if you love that Harley sound, you’ll never get it from the 1125.

All things being equal, given the choice between all 3, I’d choose the Ss.