Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highway pegs - revisited

Highway pegs - revisited

Hello everyone!

I'm resurrecting an idea I haven't seen mentioned in a while: highway pegs for the XB12s. Before the jeering starts, this is for those of us who actually ride longer distances than just the corner Starbucks and back. This thread (https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...hway-foot-pegs) had the cleanest looking home made ones I've seen. Does anyone know if there is something comparable for a 2005 XB12s? Or is anyone interested in fabricating any?

Thanks.

Why not just ask him to make a set for you? You could be “the only other guy with highway pegs on a XB”. However TPEHAK does like to be unique, so it probably won’t happen. But for the right amount of $$$ you could make it happen.

I would, but unfortunately it shows that he was banned. I haven't been active on the forum for a looooong time, so I'm not sure what happened.

Attachment 15440

I've been known to do some mileage
    I have an old set of 5-0 Dro case sliders that work well as highway pegs without looking like highway pegs (thankfully). All I did was slightly space out the sliders and cut some traction in the ends for my boots to stick better.
    The moral of the story is look for case sliders....
    See? Stealthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I've been known to do some mileage
    I have an old set of 5-0 Dro case sliders that work well as highway pegs without looking like highway pegs (thankfully). All I did was slightly space out the sliders and cut some traction in the ends for my boots to stick better.
    The moral of the story is look for case sliders....
    See? Stealthy...

Dude, your bike looks freaking slick. Every time you post a pic, I get jealous.

Those sliders might be something I could use, too. That trip to the Dragon (from TX) is going to test my endurance. Might be nice to be able to switch foot positions, as needed.

Thanks for the compliment The mods I chose have been a work in progress for over a decade now on many, many XB's

The STT seat makes the seat height tall but my in-seam is long enough so it's worth the TON of taint padding. I don't notice the lack of tailbone support because the crossroads clip-ons lean me perfectly into the wind at about 80 or so, so I can just relax and sort of float against it for hours at a time. I got lucky with the sliders and extended them after I found out they worked as foot rests and melted my boot on the headpipe (oops!). Just put on the hand guards and like the wind break so far, but unsure of the look. Still gotta impress them ladies at the stoplights

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Those sliders might be something I could use, too. That trip to the Dragon (from TX) is going to test my endurance. Might be nice to be able to switch foot positions, as needed.

from somewhere in TX to Deals Gap, NC......on a Buell?

Attachment 15445
    LOL - accurate....but I hope not....
    Last edited by kz6fittycent; 05-25-2021 at 02:25 PM.

LilRed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sprk_sprd View Post
    I would, but unfortunately it shows that he was banned. I haven't been active on the forum for a looooong time, so I'm not sure what happened.

Attachment 15440
    Dude was a Jackass of the highest degree.
    Still frequents a different forum under the same name providing less than stellar information on a regular basis
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Saw an XB12S a couple of years ago with a rod attached to the front end to be used with highway pegs. In one word “Awful” I’ve never considered highway pegs, strictly because of the look. It’s my badd because my long legs often cramp but it’s all about looking good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast