Thread: Yamaha Niken anyone?

Yamaha Niken anyone?

Seen the Niken at a bike show couple of years ago. Anybody test rode one? Looks like it might be a good touring bike, 2 up with luggage unpaved roads maybe? https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sp...g/models/niken

I recently rode one at a Yamaha event at my local dealer. I'm not used to bikes with front ends that big. The bike itself was fine, felt a little heavy, and I kept forgetting I had to put my feet down at lights though haha.
    I came away with the feeling that Yamaha answered a question with that bike. But it's a question no one asked It does everything ok and all but doesn't really excel in anyway enough to justify the weirdness. I have no idea how it would off road, maybe good for fire roads??

Thanks Cooter. Agree it may be good for touring, possibly fire roads? Really hope to get a test ride. Funny that a couple of years ago I thought I would never want to ride one of those things. Not in a hurry and looking at several options, i.e. Mulitstrada, Versys, Tracer, etc..as a second bike? Will always have the Uly.

jos.roy4
    hoping to get my hands on this soon

jos.roy4 have you rode a Niken and what did you think of it?