Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XB12s fit 1190 rear wheel??

XB12s fit 1190 rear wheel??

hey guys i've been doing random searching and internet dreaming. Does anyone know if you could fit a rear wheel off of an EBR 1190 into the swingarm of an XB12? The only measurements i've found so far is than a stock XB rear wheel is 17x5.5 in and the ebr rear wheels are 17x6. I didn't know if that half inch made would make it too tight of if it could be fit with some....persuasion. Anyone else tried this??? would love some feedback even if its dashing my dream lol
    Last edited by Isobuell; 05-29-2021 at 08:42 AM.

It's not the width if the wheel rim that will be the problem, thats the easy part.

The hub width is different, sprocket offset, bolt pattern for the sprocket, rear brake disk offset, axle diameter, bearing spacer width....

Sigh, I'm working on it. LOL.

Will my PM wheels fit my XB? They came on my Buell S1 and measure 17x3.5 and 17x5.5.

Don’t overcomplicate this with your hub width and offset crap. So frustrated. Pls halp.

Thanks cooter. I hadn't gotten along to even thinkjng about those measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    It's not the width if the wheel rim that will be the problem, thats the easy part.

The hub width is different, sprocket offset, bolt pattern for the sprocket, rear brake disk offset, axle diameter, bearing spacer width....

Sigh, I'm working on it. LOL.
    Somebody on here already figured it out and posted how it was done. What exactly are you doing?

The front EBR wheel is a super easy swap with 2 spacers to accommodate the bigger front axle, the rear I haven't seen done yet? Spacers should be able to convert the larger rear axle and center the rear rotor, but I think the chain sprocket to belt pulley swap may require a bespoke piece.

Maybe a wrist pin from an MV Agusta?

Levels bro. Levels.

Ive already got a chain drive swingarm on my xb. Idk how much help that would be

Quote Originally Posted by Isobuell View Post
    Ive already got a chain drive swingarm on my xb.
    If you mean a chain conversion, I agree and I think thats the way to go. Probably easier than making a belt pulley for the EBR wheel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast