Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XB12s fit 1190 rear wheel??

Yeah cooter it's a chain conversion. I think he called it a hal's conversion? Swingarm with axle adjustment and chain tensioner

I had to look up the "Hals conversion", I only knew it could possibly be a Buell race piece?

Typically a chain conversion is done with the proper sprockets and making the belt tensioner the adjustable part for chain slack, leaving the swingarm alone. Since the belt tensioner is placed specifically to make the axle centerline, transmission output centerline dimension constant through wheel travel, I don't know which way is better for a chain? Yes, I know when someone says Buell Race Team we get all giddy and assume it's perfect and designed in the hallowed grounds of Eriks cortex, but... you ever been near a real race team?! Simplicity outweighs longevity almost every time, haha.

Got pics? I've only seen one other like it. Rev-Moto has one on that SICK racer they made.

If you need any specific EBR wheel measurements let me know, I have an extra I can measure for ya This may kick my butt into high gear to get this done on my Ss, but TBH the only thing stopping me is the chain conversion. I've done it on Buells before in the past and very much liked it. The throttle response is definitely more immediate, and even without any cush drive I never had problems with the wheel hub on any of them. BUT the Ss is my long distance steed so the benefits of a quiet, zero maintenance, and clean, belt outweigh the coolness of the chain and EBR wheels. Thats why I'm looking into the harder job of the bespoke belt sprocket.

TL;DR First one done wins! LOL.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-31-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Here are some pics cooter20210602_131910.jpg rye

I recently passed on a chance to get a Hal’s swingarm. Kinda pissed I didn’t get it. Stuff like that nowadays is super rare.

fyi. Those are x1 swingarm parts being used in that conversion. Not sure if its still available any more from revolution.

Here's a few more pics. The "tensioner" is actually static mounted

20210602_184236.jpg20210602_184252.jpg

Gotcha, cool. Thanks for the pics!
    I guess I assumed() they removed the belt tensioner with that job now being handled by the swingarm. It's got the cool factor for sure but for what those things went for back in the day, I can see how the DIY adjustable belt tensioner for a chain conversion was vastly more popular.

Marc Cranick makes a billet rear belt pulley for use on the ebr wheel for the xb

I see the most interesting things in the background of posted picks. What kind of Hotwheels do you have hanging on that wall ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast