Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lean fouling the front plug xb12r?

Awesome info barret, thanks dude! Is the color coding the same for the 08+ bikes?

My pleasure Sir. Very few color codes were changed for critical wires during the XB run so should be the same. SM schematic will show you same. code for green is GN. Didn't follow this thread...am no ECM expert....know nothing about data-logging and such...but the tell-tale signs of a shorted injector signal wire would be:
    1-out of wack AFV for a particular cylinder
    2-horrible rideability....consistently poor throttle response....back-fire thru TB during both cold and hot start
    3-spark plug of correct heat range that appears to be ashen on the inner portion of the shell and white-hot center electrode porcelain.

Man, hope thats it! What a lucky score

Barret, that's EXACTLY the symptoms I'm having. This would be an absolute WIN if that's the case. This forum never disappoints!

The next question is, obviously I don't want to fix those wires and not remedy the chafing issue. Are they easily rerouted, or should I just shield them better with wire loom?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by patrickXB; 06-13-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Ok, wiring is fixed, new seals went in with no effect, but I have found my problem, my rear injector has a large leak and the spray pattern is way off. Now to try and find injectors…

Anyone know what I can use instead of the buell oem? I’d prefer not to buy used
    Last edited by patrickXB; 06-27-2021 at 12:11 AM.

Yea , I think john got this one . CHECK both fuel injectors clean them .

FYI the front and rear fuel injectors have different spray patterns.

Anyone know what I can use instead of the buell oem? I’d prefer not to buy used[/QUOTE]

Send your injectors to Aagaard Moto Foundry and have them sonic cleaned. They send back new orings too. Can’t beat it for $40.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Anyone know what I can use instead of the buell oem? I’d prefer not to buy used
    Send your injectors to Aagaard Moto Foundry and have them sonic cleaned. They send back new orings too. Can’t beat it for $40.[/QUOTE]

Good point and true that! Chaz is the MAN. Hooked me up on parts a couple times now

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Send your injectors to Aagaard Moto Foundry and have them sonic cleaned. They send back new orings too. Can’t beat it for $40.
    Good point and true that! Chaz is the MAN. Hooked me up on parts a couple times now[/QUOTE]

He’s cleaning my 3rd set of injectors as we speak. I think this is a go to service for anyone looking to overhaul their Buell XB fuel system.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast