Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel Sensor Orientation

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowary View Post
    Thanks John.

Yes Sir Mike, my pleasure. Hope you're having a nice summer out your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Cody: Isn't yours a big-twin, as i recall? It would have been built at the York Production plant across the river from me. See if you can make arrangements to have it returned to York....tape a note to the tank telling my niece to notify me once it arrives...and i'll run over and take a look/see and get you fixed up. On-the-house, of course. Need her name?
    Yeah, that's where she was built I believe. Just pm me her info and I'll get it shipped out! Thanks john!

In all honesty Dillon Harley offered to replace the fuel sender under warranty even after the warranty had expired, but I have declined because they're just replacing them with the original part and I've read of a couple folks having the issue repeatedly. Sometimes it works fine so I'm not going to mess with it until I feel like leaving it with them or they make a new sender.

Dillon H-D is a wonderful dealership, Cody. Not surprised they'd do that for you. My understanding from Company sources is that the outfit who builds most all the fuel pumps for the entire air-cooled twin line, have sourced the fuel level sensors from Delphi for almost 15 years now. They've built over 3,000,000 complete pump assemblies for the entire XL-XR-F product line and unfortunately, several thousand "questionable" sensors were part of that process, and impossible to identify what pumps/bikes received them. To date, i've replaced 4 of them on assorted XR1200's and it's hit-and-miss whether the replacement solves the issue....with the issue being random low fuel warning....or weeks of complete normalcy, as in your case. If Dillon's is offering Cody, i'd have them replace it. Chances are good the replacement sensor won't be part of the prior bad batch.

Dillon H-D is a wonderful dealership, Cody. Not surprised they'd do that for you. My understanding from Company sources is that the outfit who builds most all the fuel pumps for the entire air-cooled twin line, have sourced the fuel level sensors from Delphi for almost 15 years now. They've built over 3,000,000 complete pump assemblies for the entire XL-XR-F product line and unfortunately, several thousand "questionable" sensors were part of that process, and impossible to identify what pumps/bikes received them. To date, i've replaced 4 of them on assorted XR1200's and it's hit-and-miss whether the replacement solves the issue....with the issue being random low fuel warning....or weeks of complete normalcy, as in your case. If Dillon's is offering Cody, i'd have them replace it. Chances are good the replacement sensor won't be part of the prior bad batch.
    Thanks for the info John! Next time I get up to Omaha I should let them at it.

Light came on at 136 miles.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by kz6fittycent View Post
    Light came on at 136 miles.

Thanks all.

My pleasure. Thanks for circling back on this, Psaki.

My pleasure. Thanks for circling back on this, Psaki.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NRvSvEFPFk

Best thing I’ve seen all day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123