Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to turn off the seat heater?

Are you sure the heat is coming through the thick padding of the seat? Typically its the opening just below the seat and mostly the right side, because that is the fan outlet. Don't block it!
    What are you wearing? Seriously, if you are in regular jeans they are dangerous. Use riding jeans and boxer or boxer brief underwear. Not only are they going to actually save you if you fall over at speed, they are dramatically more insulating from heat on your right inner thigh.

It's a pretty common complaint, but shouldn't be unbearable? Have you checked that the bike might be running much hotter than it should? Sure you can use ECMDroid for accurate readings, but a turkey thermometer in the dip stick hole after a ride can show you a problem too. Buy one for $90-$100 or build one for $1.99. Alternatively add a digital temp display with a probe:
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...pstick-options

Yep, the front part of seat itself is getting noticeably warm. It's much worse with the low seat. I would compare it to having a seat heater on in a car. It just adds to accumulated discomfort as the ride goes on. The stock seat got warm after a couple hours but it takes longer for the heat to work its way through to the point that I notice it.

I wear jeans when I ride. I can feel the heat coming out the side vents but it doesn't bother me. Riding pants of some kind is next on the list of riding gear I need to purchase.

My peak CLT was 217 on my last log. It took about 15 minutes for it to reach 200

Totally know what you're saying here as my seat heats up and after a while, once the heat has soaked into the seat it's really not a fun place to be.
    I have been getting the https://airflowseatcovers.com/ adverts on my facebook feed so I thought id try them but they said they don't have a cover for a 2008 xb12ss long...... I even offered to send them photos and measurements of the seat.....
    So I took to Ebay and Amazon and found this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for $10 and thought its worth a punt...... so far its been the best $10 I have spent on the bike.... other than gas obviously ;-)

The airflow under your crown jewels feels a little strange at first (especially on a cold morning) but really works well when the bike is hot and means I can ride in much more comfort and for longer too.

BTW I have both air scoops on my bike with an amount of heat matting under the seat too

Tanks for the response. I'll send some money to Mr Bezos and give that a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Boaski View Post
    Tanks for the response. I'll send some money to Mr Bezos and give that a try!
    Be aware that this cover is a net/mesh like material. Not that its bad, but the pics make it look like a solid material. If you look at the pics on the ad with the numbers, you can see how it really is.

Here are some pics of the seat cover on my 2008 XB12ss long. The seat cover is a mesh that allows air to pass through and allows the cooling effect to happen by not allowing you in direct contact with the seat.

20210718_141826.jpg

20210718_141915.jpg

20210718_141846.jpg

20210718_141856.jpg

Is the seat cover slick? Seems like you'd move around a bit on it.

I'm kinda digging' the weird FDE color and vents on the airbox cover. Interesting look, I like it

The cover came in today. I haven't been able to ride for about 3 weeks so hopefully I'll be able to take a ride and feel the difference this weekend.

IMG_1297.jpg

You got the 'large'? Get out there and ride it you sissy! I'm really interested in your opinion

I decided to try this seat cover but a Large was way too small for my XT.
    Actually think I should have got an XXL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast