Thread: Mice damage!

I just about had to duct tape my head together from expoding when I checked my bike out this morning.
    In just 10 hours from an absolutely beautiful ride in upstate NY, I realized that a mouse had filled my underseat area with a nest of pink insulation and then chewed off wire insulation to my rear brake lights and turn signals.

The gonad also chewed through a corner of my brand new Special OPS Uly heat shield. I could just roast the little bugger on a spit. It must be a city mouse that got dropped off at my rural home and set up shop in the Buell condo.

Needless to say that tonight I will recoating the bare wires with liquid tape, god knows how I am going to fix the heat shield(might use clear silly clown to mend the fray).

Thats it! No more mister nice guy, moth balls for everyone, that will keep them out.

To Buell: ... please use a different brand of peanut butter when insulating the wires. lol

In our fleet of vehicles at work only Dodges get chewed on, all the other makes don't get any play.

Regards,

BR

To Buell: ... please use a different brand of peanut butter when insulating the wires.
    LOL too funny. I hate those little bastards. How long had it been sitting there?

Had a mouse build a nest on my John deere 425, right on top of the heads. Didn't know it and had cooked the little suckers after mowing half the yard & they started smoking. Melted the little ones like candle wax. What a God-awful smell!! Liked to killed me for months every time I mowed until the smell wore off.

Mice know not to mess with my bike.
    Here's what awaits them if they do.
    LOL

Steve the nest was built in a ten hour period, thats what blew my mind.

BR

To Buell: ... please use a different brand of peanut butter when insulating the wires. lol
    That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum.

sorry to hear about your bike man.

Hopefully it wont take too much work to get you back in business.

Hilarious

A friend discovered a nest in the insulation of an oven at his camphouse! He didnt realize it until his wife decided to bake something:D Cats do make good pets!

I also had this problem in Thailand as I also work away and my bikes sit for 5 weeks at a time. I bought a eletronic mice deterent which has solved the problem but I do miss shooting rats out the exshuast of my TLR 1000

I parked my bike in garage 1 afternoon with the helmet sitting on the airbox cover. Within 2 hours a bird had built a nest inside the helmet! I bet if I would have left it all night we could have had eggs for breakfast.