Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower Shock for 08 XT

Lower Shock for 08 XT

Can't seem to find an answer on a lower Buell Rear shock for my 08 XB12XT. Can anyone make a suggestion. Like to lower the bike about 1"

06/07 XB12SS rear shock saaembly but you loose the hydraulic preload tensioner

XB12SS Shock

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    06/07 XB12SS rear shock saaembly but you loose the hydraulic preload tensioner
    My XT shock is 14 1/4" eye to eye
    How much would that lower it?
    Do you know the part # for the SS shock ? I haven't seen any of those for sale yet.
    I found that the SCG has a shock thats 13 5/8" Part # K0401.1AE that I think would work but thats a short swing arm bike so maybe not

I'm 5'9" and have a 29" inseam, I have a 2008 ully and I bought it used. It came with an extra rear shock ( seat ? ) it looks like a concave large washer that is cut in half, I've assumed all these years that it is the none stock one that is supposed to be on the bike to lower it about a half an inch, the other one is the stock one. This s what you need to find to lower it correctly, but it depends on how much lower you want it to be. Remember, what ever amount you lower the rear, you must lower the front forks by also to keep the bike's suspension in synch and, there isn't much room for the front to be lowered due to the handle bars unless your going to change that also.

shockdrill4.jpgtop shock.jpg

This was done to a 06 SCG that I bought I didnt do this , I promise.!

Lowering an XT

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I'm 5'9" and have a 29" inseam, I have a 2008 ully and I bought it used. It came with an extra rear shock ( seat ? ) it looks like a concave large washer that is cut in half, I've assumed all these years that it is the none stock one that is supposed to be on the bike to lower it about a half an inch, the other one is the stock one. This s what you need to find to lower it correctly, but it depends on how much lower you want it to be. Remember, what ever amount you lower the rear, you must lower the front forks by also to keep the bike's suspension in synch and, there isn't much room for the front to be lowered due to the handle bars unless your going to change that also.
    Not quite following you on the large Concave washer cut in half. Can you post a photo of that.

Is possibly a Lowering Collar?

Charlie

A better way to go is put a SCG rear shock on and lower front springs , I cut mine 1 inch. and cut the kick stand down also.
    lowered_684 - Copy.jpg

Hey SR, how much did that Scg shock lower it exactly? Having a spec of -1" eye-to-eye should have dropped the Uly 3-4"! and I would guess the spring rate was way less meant for a much smaller bike? Do tell! Enquiring minds want to know.

I did this in 2017 after I had my rear shock rebuilt. TechniumSpringPlate.jpg
    This spring plate lowered my XB12X 1"

Sorry Coot , that was many moons ago bike is long gone ,crash1 - Copy.JPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast