Thread: Wanted - XB12 in SoCal

Wanted - XB12 in SoCal

Looking for an XB12 in SoCal near Los Angeles but willing to travel. Preferably translucent (red, orange or blue).

Thank you!

Lots of different XB12's

The Scg that SR posted is a nice choice and perfect for a shorter inseam but suffers limited suspension travel, the S is an awesome all around canyon carver, the R is a sport bike stance with clip-ons, the Ss is a long frame larger one, the STT is the dual sport option, the X and XT are big adventure bikes.

Don't worry so much about color. The translucent colors are getting hard to find but getting the right motorcycle FIRST, then picking the 2 pieces of whatever color you want and installing them makes more sense.

Thank you! I'm 6ft2 so the S, R or SS are probably best.

Where do you get the translucent pieces?

2008 xb12ss with custom seat low miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lancevance View Post
    Thank you! I'm 6ft2 so the S, R or SS are probably best.

Where do you get the translucent pieces?

I have a 2008 xb12ss I am thinking of selling it has about 6000 miles on it. Great shape, never been down, custom lowered seat with gel (brand new), It has been covered and in my car port always. Are you still looking?

Yes, but the bay area is too far for me. If it can make the trip down to LA I'd be interested

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Any seller that would take that risk has to be incredibly desperate to sell or a complete buffoon...or both. You people out there sure are "different".
    I mean, it was just a polite way of saying no thanks.

Anyways, something like trust does still exist. When I just moved here I didn't have a car yet, so I asked if a seller could bring his motorcycle in the back of his truck next time he was in town. I trusted him that he didn't misrepresent the state of his motorcycle over the phone, and he trusted me that I would buy it. I also paid him a $250 deposit/delivery fee. If for any reason I didn't want the bike he'd keep the money as a delivery fee, if I did buy it it would towards the purchase price

It worked out really well! He brought the bike along next time he had to be in town, and it looked as nice as he told me it was and I paid him our pre-negotiated price in cash. Everybody was happy!

Another time I bought a bike but didn't have a way to bring it home. I didnt haggle so the guy offered to ride it to my place if I could give him a ride home afterwards. He could have one nice last ride so he took the back roads, and I treated him to lunch and drove him home. Everybody was happy!

I've also done the same for people when they came to buy my bike.

I have many more stories of helping complete strangers and complete strangers helping me. The motorcycle community is generally very nice and helpful.