Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XB12 Muffler Valve Setting

T-bone: The only issues I see is making changes without a dependable test regimen to see if those changes are helping or hurting you. The operation of the valve will simply do what you tell it to, regardless whether it's killing power or not, but won't cause you "issues".
    IMO, if you want proven power and dependable operation, use the proven recipe. OE race tune, open airbox, delete the IEV, and go aftermarket muffler. There are quiet ones and there is a race tune version for the stock muffler as well. You will work very very hard to walk the long path to get close to those OE race tune gains by yourself. But... if fiddling is your thing, have fun man. For some it's the destination, for others, its the journey.

Careful what you ask for Thirty-four:19! BITD, I spilled a little Miller Genuine Draft while sitting in a Lamborghini with a frisky redheaded GF that I named Larry. Maybe some DNA too. A purple Lambo S, with big chrome wheels, that was "lowered" by someone screwing the coilovers to the stops. Classy, right? I actually ended up changing the clutch in that car, all from the bottom, with no lift, 4 months and almost $20,000!!! No wonder my back hurts today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post

Careful what you ask for Thirty-four:19! BITD, I spilled a little Miller Genuine Draft while sitting in a Lamborghini with a frisky redheaded GF that I named Larry. Maybe some DNA too. A purple Lambo S, with big chrome wheels, that was "lowered" by someone screwing the coilovers to the stops. Classy, right? I actually ended up changing the clutch in that car, all from the bottom, with no lift, 4 months and almost $20,000!!! No wonder my back hurts today.
    Sounds like you had a date with Kimmie.

TL;DR - https://www.facebook.com/XtremeXperi...1333059591332/

Red headed GF named "Larry" ?

Make no mistake, I didn't own the car, and I don't have butt implants, and ya Outlaw I called her "Larry" as in absolutely, massively, no meds can help her, bat****, 10 flew over her cuckoos nest. And all the 'benefits' that come with that Sometimes I wonder where she is, but then think of her probable body count by now, and immediately fear that she knows where I live

Well, I was not looking for much more than what the original poster was asking for in this thread.

and you got so much more!... LOL. Aren't you glad you asked njloco was right in post #2. The valve is open most of the time (including WOT), and only closes in that torque dip area of 3500-4500 RPM. Thats why you can't really see whats going on with a neutral rev. You'd need a dyno and steady state RPM test. If you can activate it in active tests, I'd be OK assuming it's working at RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    with a frisky redheaded GF that I named Larry.

I'm a Godly man and try to never ever use the Lords' name in vain....but Christ Almighty.
    It's an experience one can only do as a young man

Praise the Lord! Thank You Cooter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12