Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to forum and to buell ownership

Im going to purchase the Buelltooth or whatever its called and check all of its stats. The thing is, the b ike runs smooth with plenty of power MOST of the time but here and there it just all of the sudden will die and wont stay idoling so i let it sit a while then all the sudden its working beautifully again.....frustrating

Well screw it then. Buy a coil.

Quote Originally Posted by jdub84 View Post
    Im going to purchase the Buelltooth or whatever its called and check all of its stats. The thing is, the b ike runs smooth with plenty of power MOST of the time but here and there it just all of the sudden will die and wont stay idoling so i let it sit a while then all the sudden its working beautifully again.....frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett

My $ is on the pump.
    The smartest guy on the forum tells you its the pump, and you've done your best to avoid that at all costs.

Could it be something in the tuning in the ECM? SURE! Most people think the f*cking with the tuning will solve fuel pump issues, so there is a very good chance someone was already in the ECM before you. If the bike is not turning on the check engine light, I'm not sure what hooking up to the ECM is going to tell you.

Its almost comical that you are willing to spend $45 on the Buelltooth, but not $25 on a fuel pressure gauge.

This is the last time I’ll post to this tread.
    I am getting to old to waste my time trying to hold a shade tree mechanic hand that talks nonsense to try to either make themselves sound like they know what they are talking about... but have no idea of what they are talking about.

The good old.. my bike was running fine and need a oil change so while I was doing the oil change I decided to change the crankshaft bearings from sealed to timkin bearing.. and now I have transmission oil in my master cylinder....
    Now let’s see if I get a response from someone.

But enough of my rant... if the bike runs fine then turns off and then will not restart it more then likely is the Cam position sensor.

no i have not avoided the pump. I have one ordered and im just waiting for it to come in. and I bought a fuel pressure gague. I thought I'd said that in one of my previous posts. Anyways, casual_observer, I appreciate your insight but rest assured there is not a single bit of advice given in here that I'm NOT paying attention to. The very first thing I did when Barrett mentioned the fuel pump was buy a fuel pressure gague. Then I ordered a pump as well.

I think its funny how so many people are being such A@#holes in here when I clearly said i am NOT a mechanic but im trying to learn and ALL advice is welcome and very appreciated. I wasnt making excuses only trying to explain the bikes issues and what ive done to it, without knowing all the proper terminology i guess ive made a few oif you think im not listening or argueing against the advice given when I am not. squid, I actually printed your list given and am going to work my way down it. I know almost nothing and you guys know a ton. thats why im here. asking and trying to explain the best i can with my limited knowledge. Anyways, ive paid close attention to alls advice and nobodies time is wasted when it comes to helping me with my bike. If I've led anyone to think otherwise it was not intentional or my goal

Quote Originally Posted by jdub84 View Post
    I think its funny how so many people are being such A@#holes in here when I clearly said i am NOT a mechanic but im trying to learn and ALL advice is welcome and very appreciated. I wasnt making excuses only trying to explain the bikes issues and what ive done to it, without knowing all the proper terminology i guess ive made a few oif you think im not listening or argueing against the advice given when I am not. squid, I actually printed your list given and am going to work my way down it. I know almost nothing and you guys know a ton. thats why im here. asking and trying to explain the best i can with my limited knowledge. Anyways, ive paid close attention to alls advice and nobodies time is wasted when it comes to helping me with my bike. If I've led anyone to think otherwise it was not intentional or my goal
    I think its funny that you have a problem that seems to be a fuel pump, Barrett even mentioned it was a fuel pump, so you decided to pull the heads off and go regrind the valves. Nobody thinks you're not appreciative or don't welcome the advice, but it seems you're just going to do whatever you want. It is frustrating when you come on here and ask for advice then go do some other random thing.

I also think its funny that you claim not be a mechanic, but you've already rotated or removed the motor twice (at least) and haven't read the service book once. I'm just as baffled as the rest, as to what you are really doing. I'm waiting for you to rebuild the transmission when the speedometer doesn't work. Bring it on!
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-27-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Well screw it then. Buy a coil.
    Don't you have a spare coil?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123