Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just installed a Rev-Mo xbsg muffler

Just installed a Rev-Mo xbsg muffler

Just got a new muffler for the old Ulysses. Ordered a pipe, buelltooth, and chin fairing brackets from revision moto on Saturday. I received everything on Thursday, A+ for shipping and handling time. Everything appears really well made. I did do some sanding on the fairing brackets to give them a brushed stainless finish. They came raw stainless. I suppose a person could polish them if they wanted. Pipe went on with no issues. All the necessary hardware for both the exhaust and chin fairing brackets were included.
    The exhaust sounds great. Nice deep tone and plenty loud. The bike runs very well with it too. I'm running a "race" map right now as I'm waiting for the email from rev-mo with their tune.

So yeah all in all really happy with it so far and just wanted to put that out there. Oh and I spent $420 for everything which I think is reasonable. 20210717_131442.jpg20210717_131451.jpg20210717_131500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Pipe went on with no issues.
    Theres an impact, dead blow, and giant prybar in your pics...

JK, I'm just talking trash (as usual). Looks really nice! Please post pics with the chin fairing on too. Would you say its Drummer/Hawk/Jardine loud? Or Dean Adams/open headers loud?

If it runs that well with the Buell Race tune, why change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Theres an impact, dead blow, and giant prybar in your pics...

JK, I'm just talking trash (as usual). Looks really nice! Please post pics with the chin fairing on too. Would you say its Drummer/Hawk/Jardine loud? Or Dean Adams/open headers loud?

If it runs that well with the Buell Race tune, why change it?
    I knew someone would notice the tools!
    Yeah all those tools of destruction were from removing the OE muffler... remember I'm a body man I don't f'around!

It's louder than my dean Adam's magnaflow style I had on my ss. Right around d&d loud. Sounds really good though no cackles or pops just smooth lope/thud.

As far as the tune goes I figure WTH, I'll try their tune. I'm sure they know more than I do. Can always go back to what I have.

Your floor looks very nice. Must be recent since I see the kick stand coaster. The pipe looks nice too.

Thanks!

Yeah, the garage is less than a year old so I'm still babying the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    I knew someone would notice the tools!
    Takes one to know... lol. Thanks for the post, let us know how the tune works out.

I've seen enough people putting these on and liking them that I'm officially adding it to the list. From what I read my Jardine is a bit of a ticking time bomb. I already have their dongle and tune for my jardine and have been happy.

That Rev-Mo guy pops in here from time to time and a very nice man with some top quality info and parts.
    And as for you......Cody....your incredible workmanship and skills never cease to amaze me. Like Josh said...pretty floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    That Rev-Mo guy pops in here from time to time and a very nice man with some top quality info and parts.
    And as for you......Cody....your incredible workmanship and skills never cease to amaze me. Like Josh said...pretty floor.
    Thanks John, I do my best!

And yeah, the rev-mo guy seems pretty straight up. I still haven't tried his map bcuz I haven't had time. He did note my afv was a tad high and sent me closed loop map to try. I've yet to recheck my afv and check for a possible issue, but either way nice of him to give me a heads up.

With any luck I will HOPEFULLY be going from my motor-dead 1125 R, to a low-miles XB shortly. The sellor is pretty busy, so contact is minimal. I had just gotten, a few months back, the map set for my AFV's, and never got the chance (laziness...) to run it. Walking SUX, bussing SUX. It really bites to kill yer own 'horse', due to being bum-rushed at the car wash (oil, filter change station...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast