Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's just shocking

Thanks Chaz. You have my credit card info on file already,

That man, ^^^^^^, is the real deal. Super smart, honest, and passionate about our bikes. Five stars!

Oh boy, she's back together and my heart is pounding. Took me a couple miles to realize my replacement sprocket was the 44 tooth (not the OE 41 anymore). With a bike having the ludicrous torque this has mean I can't touch WFO until 4th gear! Amazon will have a pair of 42 tooth sprockets on my doorstep tomorrow, whew!

It hasn't even been that long and I don't really ride her on the street that often, but the mods I've done really personalize her to exactly what i want. Quickshift? check. Motion-Pro throttle? Check. Streetable? Hmmm, maybe? You better be in the right mood. Erik built a BEAST.
    Pics coming, she's clean, maintained to the hilt, and prepped for Buttonwillow this weekend. It's my B-day weekend so I'm not packing everything in the El camino this time. Got a U-haul trailer on the back of the 4-Runner to pack extra party supplies in

Happy 51.

Old fart.

You'll probably spend it at the Elks Lodge.

Thank you my brother. Currently using my AARP invitation letter to light a Cohiba.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thank you my brother. Currently using my AARP invitation letter to light a Cohiba.
    Holy crap! "Mr. I think I know it all" had to look up what a Cohiba is.

Cohiba is a brand for two kinds of premium cigar, one produced in Cuba for Habanos S.A., the Cuban state-owned tobacco company, and the other produced in the Dominican Republic for US-based General Cigar Company. The name cohíba derives from the Taíno word for "tobacco".

This or this ????

Starbuck! The second one was better to look at And a rider
    Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 10.02.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-13 at 10.03.07 AM.png

Fun Fact: I didn't know what Cohiba meant either. Pretty lame it just means tobacco Like driving down my coast road "Vista Del Mar". Well, of COURSE it is!

Maybe you and Ben Jones can do a collab like this?

Cohibas are great but you owe it to yourself to order some flying pigs from pappy van Winkle cigar company.

Now that I have a few miles on it, I have opinions. Surprised? LOL.

A quality rear shock is one of those... damn, thats expensive things If you want to ride fast confidently, get one. Period.

Rebound on the Wilburs is still simple and can almost be statically set for the minimum no-bouce at rest. I can reach it while riding but it's at the same place I set statically now. The height adjustment (that is now separate from pre-load) is awesome. It will affect the rake/trail, but I'm not Rossi enough to notice, so I use it for comfort and peg clearance. It's near there minimum height now. Pre-load/sag is a set it and forget it thing for me. Hopefully my weight doesn't increase too much!
    It takes quite a bit more tuning to figure out the high-speed/low-speed compression damping. I had a hard time visualizing the speed where the valving switches over so I just over adjusted one and under adjusted the other, then swapped the settings to get a feel for where it was. Still playing with it to get it to settle at speed but not knock me around on the nations ****tyest interstate road surfaces*. After getting it close at Buttonwillow, I did a few runs up Angeles Crest highway and once again moved the screws. Still playing with them, but overall VERY happy with the quality and amazing looks of the Wilburs!

*51.1¢ PER GALLON in State taxes means an expected 7.1 Billion per year in revenue to fix them, and that doesn't even include the 18.3¢ per gallon in federal taxes. Yet, I never see anyone fixing them, hmmm.

I really enjoy reading your events !!!! Happy belated ! Coot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12