Thread: Battalax S22

Battalax S22

Just installed these. Anybody ran them before? So far I have 20 miles on them and I have no opinion. I did get 5K on my second rear tire of the Dunlop Q3 Sportmax, 2K more than the first Dunlop after replacing the shock.

YAY! A tire thread! LOL. I'd complain, but this place is so quiet lately....

I usually run the Q3+ and the lack of mileage was my only complaint. I heard so much about the S22 i went to get some and ended up with RS11's instead. Haha. So far they're great and have 2 days on them after next weekend I'll have 4 days and can report on mileage.

Bubbles just got some S22's for her 400 Ninja and the Z900. She likes them alot but both those changes were from OEM junk rubber so grain of salt.

IMO, Probably a better fit for a Uly than the Q3+, still massively sticky, and will wear about the same 5-6k. I would HIGHLY recommend Michelin Pilot Road 5's. Slightly more $ but a 2CT, so its great in the wet and super sticky on the sides, but I got well over 12K(!) on the last ones and they were still wearing perfectly (I'm pretty on top of tire pressure/load). That saved the trouble and cost of at least one tire swap, which makes you $ ahead.

What oil do you put in the primary?

I have these on my S1 as well. It’s based on nothing more than a favorable review from Fort Nine, and they were on sale at Cycle Gear.

Over a year later, the bike has almost all of its tread remaining and has never let me down regardless of weather or riding conditions.

Because it's never left the garage?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Because it's never left the garage?
    Yeah, so what? Lol

Yeah, I got the S22's at Cyclegear on my way to get a set of RP5's. They put the on-Sale tire rack right in front of the new RP5's, so a sucker like me will buy them, so easily distracted.

Squirrel!!