Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Belt Twisted

New Belt Twisted

So I ordered a new belt and other items from St. Paul Harley. I open the box and immediately see that the new belt has been twisted into a small circle along with a piece of paperwork from Falcon SPC stating do not twist the belt.
    What should I do contact them and send the belt back or still use it?

They are pretty un-killable. I'd run it.

I believe the warning is there more for long term storage than quick shipping, might make it track funny? Heck, if you sent it back they'd just untwist it and re-sell it (probably to you anyway, lol).

After you install it, make sure it tracks well and don't check it by going backwards. Forwards only.

If I have time tomorrow I’ll give them a call just to see what they say. I wouldn’t care if it was an old belt I was throwing under the seat.

Most all OEM...Gates....BDL drive belts are packaged, stored, and shipped in attached configuration. Perfectly normal industry standard. Unpackage it, unravel it, GENTLY heat with hair dryer till warm to the touch, install it, run it, forget about it.

bdl.jpg

I was going to say, set it in the sun to warm it up, but then I noted where the OP was from...

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Most all OEM...Gates....BDL drive belts are packaged, stored, and shipped in attached configuration. Perfectly normal industry standard. Unpackage it, unravel it, GENTLY heat with hair dryer till warm to the touch, install it, run it, forget about it.

bdl.jpg

Most years I would agreed with the weather comment but not this year. Smoking hot summer summer this year and seen 110 degrees at my house in the shade. Still funny comment though.

Quote Originally Posted by DamMechanic View Post
    Most years I would agreed with the weather comment but not this year. Smoking hot summer summer this year and seen 110 degrees at my house in the shade. Still funny comment though.
    And 116* in Portland OR! Thats Greta girl took all our wind away for that sailboat

Thats why I live in Phoenix, AZ... it never gets over 80 degrees.

Celcius

Toss it into a pail of HOT, NOT boiling water, wait twenty minutes, and wrassle it into place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast