Thread: 03 xb9r injectors needed

03 xb9r injectors needed

Hello
    I am in search of injectors for my 03 xb9r.

Can anyone point me in the rite direction with what to purchase that will work with my bike?

Thank you

Have you tried Harley? Looks like it's an odd duck as it is shared with the injected Tubers (S-1/X-3) not other XB's.
    https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...&s=injector&a=

Are they missing? It's usually MUCH easier/faster/cheaper to have them sonically cleaned. FYI, front and rear are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Have you tried Harley? Looks like it's an odd duck as it is shared with the injected Tubers (S-1/X-3) not other XB's.
    https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...&s=injector&a=

Are they missing? It's usually MUCH easier/faster/cheaper to have them sonically cleaned. FYI, front and rear are different.
    Cooter:

They are not missing, my mechanic is saying i need new ones.

The bike runs, however sometimes does not idle properly.
    Also when I start the bike i need to hold the throttle down a little.
    How or where would I get them sonically cleaned?

Thank you for your response

I'm very afraid that your mechanic is guessing and once you buy those expensive injectors, and pay to install his guess, your bike will run exactly the same

If it is a decent mechanic and they are able to accurately diagnose why you need both injectors then they damn well sure should know a local injection cleaning service.

I don't know where you live so look around. Google? Most any good mechanic shop and almost all diesel shops will have a small sonic cleaner. It's like one for jewelry. They should also be able to test any injectors they doubt before sending the customer to the internet to guess for them.

Good luck buddy

Sir: The 2003 Buell XB all models use identical fuel injectors as 1999-2001 Buell Tube-Frame all models. They are substantially longer and subtly different spray pattern than subsequent XB model years, so are an XB series one-year-only application

Both OEM part numbers now listed NLA in factory parts system.
    Part number as follows if you care to search the net: P0786.02A8
    Part number was for matched F&R pair and original list of $329.80

Try a local injector cleaning service in your area or fuelinjectorconnection.com as they're highly recommended
    Also recently mentioned on here by a few board members was a one-man-band fuel injector cleaning outfit that was purported to be excellent, though I don't recall the name.

NOTE: All readily available Bosch supplied BMW R1150 series injectors will cross-over to your 2003 only...but a tiny amount of material must be removed from injector feed shaft for it to properly seat in the Buell assembly. But can easily be done.

Wow, thank you Barrett. Thats a very good note. Should go in the Cross-reference thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Wow, thank you Barrett. Thats a very good note. Should go in the Cross-reference thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: The 2003 Buell XB all models use identical fuel injectors as 1999-2001 Buell Tube-Frame all models. They are substantially longer and subtly different spray pattern than subsequent XB model years, so are an XB series one-year-only application

Both OEM part numbers now listed NLA in factory parts system.
    Part number as follows if you care to search the net: P0786.02A8
    Part number was for matched F&R pair and original list of $329.80

Try a local injector cleaning service in your area or fuelinjectorconnection.com as they're highly recommended
    Also recently mentioned on here by a few board members was a one-man-band fuel injector cleaning outfit that was purported to be excellent, though I don't recall the name.

NOTE: All readily available Bosch supplied BMW R1150 series injectors will cross-over to your 2003 only...but a tiny amount of material must be removed from injector feed shaft for it to properly seat in the Buell assembly. But can easily be done.
    Thank you Barrett!