Thread: Front Pulley Cover

Front Pulley Cover

Has anyone tried one of these? It's clearly a Roland sands ripoff of one of their sportster covers, but wondering if it works on an XB.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14284281977...1362%7Ciid%3A1

I just like it more than the other ones I've seen as it doesn't have any words. Also, is this as simple as unscrewing the two bolts and popping this on over and re-torque-ing?

Buell and Sportsters do share some dimensions there, so if the bolt pattern matches the lock plate and it clears the output shaft nut, sure? For $19 it's worth a shot if you like it.

What are you going to do to the OE plastic cover? I wouldn't leave it off. On a Buell your foot is right next to that pant grabbing spinny thing. Maybe cut some holes in it and back it with lexan?
    Last edited by Cooter; 08-06-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Buell and Sportsters do share some dimensions there, so if the bolt pattern matches the lock plate and it clears the output shaft nut, sure? For $19 it's worth a shot if you like it.

What are you going to do to the OE plastic cover? I wouldn't leave it off. On a Buell your foot is right next to that pant grabbing spinny thing. Maybe cut some holes in it and back it with lexan?
    I definitely won't leave it off. I've caught my laces one too many times in bicycle gear and can only imagine how that could mangle a foot on a motorcycle. Probably gonna go with one of these. Same guy also sells a translucent red insert, but I tend to avoid too much color matching...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23364971067...cAAOSw7iNfDiqz

He sells a lot of different 3D printed stuff for Buells. Some neat stuff. I almost bought a headlight assembly but he never answered my questions about type of material and density to see how strong it was or if it was even UV protected. I'd hate to blow $200 on something that fades, cracks, or breaks in a year outside

Yeah the airbox delete kit is pretty neat. I would agree on the concerns for a headlight assembly.