Thread: Buell Blast running lights not working/ speedometer issues.

Question Buell Blast running lights not working/ speedometer issues.

Hey, new member. So my Blasts running lights stopped working on the way home the other day, and I figured it was just the bulb since the brake lights still worked, so I went to the parts store and bought a new bulb, had some serious trouble getting the old, 6 year old bulb out, (Ended up having to basically break off the glass and bend the metal parts inward so it wouldn't stay stuck) and upon installing a new bulb, not only did that not fix the running light problem, but it also somehow made my speedometer stop working. Weird thing about this is, the oil light works, the turn signal indicator work and the high beam indicator works, but the neutral indicator does NOT work, the orange backlight doesn't work, and the speedometer itself does not work. I've done the following things to try and fix it:
    Checked all the fuses, replaced the entire lighting system from the OEM bulb system to a nice new LED one with integrated turn signals (and yes, the brake lights still work as well as the turn signals), checked for loose connections up until the tail light wiring harness, and I even ordered a "new" tail light wiring harness from Ebay just incase.
    I also replaced the flasher because I accidentally broke the old one while trying to figure out the issue lol
    Something else to note is that the front running lights haven't been working lately either, but the high beams do, and replacing the 20 dollar bulb fixes the issue for a month before it (presumably) shorts out again. I really don't wanna have to take it to a mechanic and have them charge me 150 bucks just to work on it for 30 minutes if I don't have to, so I'm saving it for a last resort incase anyone here has a lead, or even just a tip on what I can do at home (money is tight, hence why I have a Blast). Thank you for your patience and understanding

Check your voltage regulator for too much output. When it gets over 15v output, parts of the speedometer stop working.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.03.45 AM.png