Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad day - crashed my beautiful '09 Firebolt today

Thanks 34:19....I'm fairly discouraged, of course, but the supportive words help. I'm just usually super careful when I ride, so this was both surprising and devastating at the same time.

To Cooter's point, I know I'm going to be looking for a black seat cowl, black airbox cover, and black front windscreen/fairing. I'll also be looking for an instrument frame (not the cluster/wiring, but the framework), mirrors, front light assembly, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Thanks 34:19....I'm fairly discouraged, of course, but the supportive words help. I'm just usually super careful when I ride, so this was both surprising and devastating at the same time.

To Cooter's point, I know I'm going to be looking for a black seat cowl, black airbox cover, and black front windscreen/fairing. I'll also be looking for an instrument frame (not the cluster/wiring, but the framework), mirrors, front light assembly, etc.
    I've gone down a couple of times, luckily not on a Buell.

These are hard to find used and unbroken. You may want to jump on this.

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...-/-windscreens

A lot of the other parts usually turn up on ebay/Facebook market place, etc. so you can probably just wait for good deals to come along.

Thank you....ordered...

Some other parts ordered as well. One of the real "kickers" I think will be getting a Black airbox...not seeing any of those anywhere...

For the record - cluster mount, rear cowl, front fairing all ordered. I'll also need to find the fastener "kits" for everything up front, but unless insurance really decides to squash me, this should be a doable do....
    Last edited by vicenzajay; 08-11-2021 at 12:54 AM.

All those fasteners are available at better hardware stores the service and parts manuals will have much of the correct size and length information and if you have trouble with some Barrett seems to know everything not to be confused with some others here who are know it alls (you know who you are). I have some extra factory hardware if you have part numbers. I have a good fairing bracket that I thought was sold I’ll reach out to the other member who’s supposed to be buying it and if he doesn’t I’ll let you know.

If the frame is good you’re going to be able to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by cvc View Post
    All those fasteners are available at better hardware stores the service and parts manuals will have much of the correct size and length information and if you have trouble with some Barrett seems to know everything not to be confused with some others here who are know it alls (you know who you are). I have some extra factory hardware if you have part numbers. I have a good fairing bracket that I thought was sold I’ll reach out to the other member who’s supposed to be buying it and if he doesn’t I’ll let you know.

If the frame is good you’re going to be able to fix it.
    Thank you! I really appreciate all the support. Those that know me on the forum (from 4-6 years ago) know that I might need a bit of direction and some step-by-step help, but I'm happy to get my hands dirty and dive in. Most of the problems I've had with the bike to this point, I've fixed myself with the help of John (lunatic), Cooter, 34:19, and others here. I've just invested too much sweat equity in this particular bike to give up without a fight...

Having a hard time finding a black airbox cover. I'm fine to pay full retail for a new one if we can locate something available!

Might have found one.

Update - the insurance company did *not* total the bike; however, the list they compiled of the parts needed makes me a bit nervous (includes steering bearings, lower fork replacement, etc.). Just wanted to keep the thread up to date. I will say that Progressive did me right - I already have been paid only 11 days after the incident. Bike should be back in my garage on Monday afternoon.

I've been to the chiropractor three times at this point....healing is coming along (although there is a spot in the middle of my back that remains pressured/painful at times). I've invested in a Hit-Air vest for when I start riding again. Something like that would have saved almost any medical worries whatsoever in this case.

I've been away from this forum for a while. Sorry to come back to this post. And sorry for your hit Vicenzajay.
    Glad you're upright and walking though. Always focus on the bright side.

On your muscle pain - get something like this
    I had neck pain for the longest time, and these muscle stimulators really help. If your muscles are in spasm, they keep shocking them until they finally release. It's the good kind of pain.

Good luck in your recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Endopotential View Post
    I've been away from this forum for a while. Sorry to come back to this post. And sorry for your hit Vicenzajay.
    Glad you're upright and walking though. Always focus on the bright side.

On your muscle pain - get something like this
    I had neck pain for the longest time, and these muscle stimulators really help. If your muscles are in spasm, they keep shocking them until they finally release. It's the good kind of pain.

Good luck in your recovery
    Thank you! I agree - the tens units are super helpful.

The bike shows up (brought back here by the insurance adjustor) today - so I'll finally have eyes on the situation a bit more thoroughly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast