Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad day - crashed my beautiful '09 Firebolt today

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Thank you! I agree - the tens units are super helpful.
    It looks a lot like my time machine, except it doesnt have the place to put the crystals.

IT DOES NOT WORK!

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    It looks a lot like my time machine, except it doesnt have the place to put the crystals.

IT DOES NOT WORK!
    Ha! Would those be dylithium crystals?

Bike's still not here - truck showed up with the wrong bike on it....

More like this...

I have a primer grey airbox cover I got with a list of other parts a year ago. I don't have a use for it. But it does not have the inlet screen and black surround (no problem if you can salvage those from your old one).

Also, 2x on the chiropractor and some deep tissue massages. I had a bad accident almost a year ago now and I'm still sore daily from 'tight soft tissue'. If you have 500$ of coverage for chiropractor, use it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabutterlover View Post
    I have a primer grey airbox cover I got with a list of other parts a year ago. I don't have a use for it. But it does not have the inlet screen and black surround (no problem if you can salvage those from your old one).

Also, 2x on the chiropractor and some deep tissue massages. I had a bad accident almost a year ago now and I'm still sore daily from 'tight soft tissue'. If you have 500$ of coverage for chiropractor, use it up.
    Thank you! I may have a line on a new airbox cover in midnight black - and I have a bunch of other parts on the way. The bike is here (finally) now...and I'm actually surprised (in a good way) at the shape it's in overall.

I am going to need help with two things - first - a set of mirrors. I can *not* find Buell mirrors for this model anywhere. Second (and this is only aesthetic) - a set of decals for the Firebolt (the applique red/black ones for the windshield and rear fairing). I have a new set of the expensive decals for the airbox cover (bought those years ago as a backup).

Really the mirrors are the thing I can't seem to locate anywhere right now....

So I'm working now on getting the bike back together. I'll post up pictures over the next few weeks.

That said, I'd love some help finding the following parts:

- Mirrors (stock) Left and Right side for the XB
    - Airbox cover - midnight black (new if possible)
    - Left Front turn signal (stock/new if possible)
    - Totally aesthetic - but would love to locate the black/red "Firebolt XB12R" decals that were on the rear frame and front fairing...

Thanks for any help - I'm really trying to get this back into great shape

Update:

- Airbox cover sourced and on the way
    Last edited by vicenzajay; 09-14-2021 at 06:22 PM. Reason: update

I've got brand new NOS turn signals. Honestly should buy them as a pair or as full set though, you'll be surprised how old yours look next to a brand new one.

Absolutely good buying a pair...always good to have spares. :-)
    Last edited by vicenzajay; 09-14-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I've got brand new NOS turn signals. Honestly should buy them as a pair or as full set though, you'll be surprised how old yours look next to a brand new one.
    Sounds great - I'll get a pair, then. :-) Just let me know...

Just let me know, Cooter, on the pair of turn signals. I can send money your way asap.

Question for the crowd - anyone using the 'shorter stemmed' version of the mirrors for the Firebolt? Those seem available at a number of places. It's the longer stemmed versions that are unobtainium. That's not completely true, as there is a seller selling the OEM mirror for $88 apiece shipped, but in terms of realistic pricing, the original longer stemmed mirrors have disappeared.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast