Thread: Springsteen-Roberts-Rizzon-Me

Springsteen-Roberts-Rizzon-Me

The general consensus of opinion, as I'm told, is the following, and I couldn't agree more:

Jay Springsteen is considered to be the greatest Grand National Flat Track racer in history
    Kenny Roberts is considered to be the greatest "all-around" motorcycle racer in history
    Ricky Rizzon is considered by the AMA to be the finest east-coast based Flat track privateer in history

All 3 written about extensively in the just published September AMA issue. Based around the epic 1975 Indy Mile...2-strokes vs. Harley-Davidson...incredible read. Fetch one if you can and hang onto it.

Posted this pic on here once before, but it's timeless and worthy of a repeat. Rizzon with Springsteen at the York Fairgrounds Half-Mile Grand National race Spring of 1982. Rizzon one of my best friends. I took the picrizzon.jpg

Jay.jpg

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/magazine-landing-page/

Thanks for posting that John, I love to see the resurgence of the sport.

One of my all time favorite pics of my favorite racer:

RIP Kentucky Kid

My pleasure Shaughn and I do, as well. Great for motorcycling in general. I had forgotten that Hayden tried his hand at GN flat-tracking. Great pic and he was a once-in-a-generation talent, to be sure.
    Springsteen still very active in the sport and visits Harley-Davidson facilities fairly often. Friend of mine snapped this one during a recent visit of his to York H-D.

spring and H-D.jpg

The whole Hayden family was dirt tracking from a young age:
    Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 10.34.34 AM.jpg

It's really neat when the rockstars of the sport stick around for the love of it. Neat pic!