Thread: Cable Routing Lightning

Cable Routing Lightning

Hi, all! New to the forum. I am putting together a lightning front end on a Firebolt. Anybody have a good diagram or picture of clutch, and accelerator cables?

In Google images or the service manual:
    https://www.buellmods.com

But me thinks you'll have a harder time fitting the ECM and stuff in that location. Most people that try that mod end up swapping the wiring harness to a XB-S style as well.

Thanks Cooter. And I agree with you on harness. I was just asking about cable routing because manual was unclear to me.
    Last edited by screwdriversm; 08-29-2021 at 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling

What part? The clutch cable is goes from the lever, through the upper triple and through the guide EZPZ.
    The throttle cables route through the front headlight module, to the left side of the steering neck and through that mount to the TB. Also very simple. Make sure to check them both with the bars lock to lock.

Save the headache and buy the lighting if that’s what you want. I’ve had a few FrankenBuells and the best combinations are Lightningbolt with firebolt front. Or firebolt with lighting tail because of the wiring harness. When you do it the other way around it’s like fitting 10lbs in a 5lbs bag. And yes you can swap the wiring harness but that’s real time consuming I usually will pull the motor if you go that route.
    The three cables are self explanatory.
    But one thing you will need that a lot of people forget is the plastic piece that bolts to the lighting pod that holds the wiring harness tight to the frame the firebolt does not have it because the wiring harness goes through the center of the front stay.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbuellie View Post
    But one thing you will need that a lot of people forget is the plastic piece that bolts to the lighting pod that holds the wiring harness tight to the frame the firebolt does not have it because the wiring harness goes through the center of the front stay.
    This part?

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...ors-/-lighting

Yep^^^^^

Thanks for all the replies.