Thread: New LED headlight -- question about wiring and parking light?

Question New LED headlight -- question about wiring and parking light?

Just bought this.

It has angel eyes, low beam, and high beam. Out of the box, it has a 4-pin connector. However on my bike, there is no connector. So I'm going to need to splice it in. I assume the 3 colored wires (on the bike) are parking, low, high, and black is ground. How do you think I would wire it so only the angel eyes are my DRL, and then flipping to high beam will turn on everything, similar to our old "2 beams at once" mod? According to reviews, angel-eye-only mode is achieved with the parking light out of the box.

Looks like you have the same set up to mine, I'll try and find my directions from the mfg. We are having terrible weather here now into
    tomorrow compliments of Ida so I might not get to look for them until the weekend. You will like their performance on the bike I know I do.
    I didn't bother with the angel eyes because I won't ride with just them on and since I'll always have at the very least the low beams on I do not think the angel eyes will be bright enough the see.
    Last edited by njloco; 09-02-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Your Buells parking light and low-beam circuit operate at the same time, so you'll need to give up something or add a switch. IMO add a switch.

Put a 15A SPDT (3-terminal, 2 position) switch in the low-beam wire. Put the bikes low beam circuit on the center, put the halo thing on one terminal, and put the low-beam light wire on the other terminal (doesn't matter which). Hook the bikes hi-beam wire straight to the light. Then you can choose to have the halo on in daytime...or the low beam on at night by flipping that switch. But either way the high beam will always work if you flip the factory rocker switch to hi beam or 'flash-to-pass' if you have it.
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-02-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
    Just bought this.

It has angel eyes, low beam, and high beam. Out of the box, it has a 4-pin connector. However on my bike, there is no connector. So I'm going to need to splice it in. I assume the 3 colored wires (on the bike) are parking, low, high, and black is ground. How do you think I would wire it so only the angel eyes are my DRL, and then flipping to high beam will turn on everything, similar to our old "2 beams at once" mod? According to reviews, angel-eye-only mode is achieved with the parking light out of the box.
    I assume the 3 colored wires (on the bike) are parking, low, high, and black is ground.

Not exactly.

The stock front light harness is:
    ORANGE-12V continuous
    YELLOW-low beam
    WHITE-high beam
    BLACK-ground

The START switch on right handlebar switchgear is part of the YELLOW circuitry.