Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: buell xb 12 scg problem ecm

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: Your ECM is misinterpreting given load values....showing impossibly wild fluctuating voltage parameters...and is cracked. It is the source of your problems. Replace it.
    hello, well first I will try with the new sensor, I found it at a good price and I am waiting for it to arrive, I want to make sure before 100% that is the ecm that is broken, before buying a new one, which are not cheap....

what bothers me now is not being able to pass txt files to xpr from the ecmspy, I have a 2009 map that I think I could use to test it on the buell, but if it is in txt the ecmdroid does not read it.

Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Insanity.
    I don't understand you xD

Well I have looked at another log and now it seems that the IAT shows the values well,with my original sensor.

I think that from the ecmdroid I can look at the temperature of the IAT sensor, to see if it shows the temperature correctly, or it has a broken resistor.
    Last edited by locusbuell; 09-11-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Or you have a broken ECM.

It may not even be 'the' problem. But it is most definitely A problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Or you have a broken ECM.

It may not even be 'the' problem. But it is most definitely A problem.
    exactly

but I already bought the new IAT sensor so I'll wait to put it on and do more logging.

I have 2 ECM's for sale. One is an OEM off a 2009 XB12Ss and the other is an EBR ECM for an XB12 fitted with a Drummer SS muffler. IDK if this will help you, but it might be possible for IDS to reprogram the EBR ECM for your needs. Some one from the forum might know or reach out to IDS and ask them if its possible. I'm asking for a very reasonable $112 shipped.

FYI, IDS will only download on to BUE2D ECM's, or happily charge you extra for the privilege to update it.
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-12-2021 at 02:29 AM.

Hello everyone, well I continue to report that there is news.
    I have been able to load a map with the mixture a little richer.
    The bike has gone a little better but still fails a lot.

But at least I could make a log of 30 minutes, in that time at 15 minutes has come out error 33 which is the fuel pump, short circuit.

I have checked the wiring and there is no short and no electrical shunt.

I have looked at the log and I was surprised to see the graph of the fuel pump, look how it changes so much the values from 90 to 20 psi when I go to 3000 revolutions(LOOK WHITE LINE, SEGOND GRAPHIC) ....

normal that the bike goes bad, if you look when I go to 1000 revolutions without giving gas is more stable the fuel pump, the problem is when I accelerate.

I have been looking with the ecmdroid the IAT sensor and it works fine, it marks well the outside temperature.

I have reviewed the old logs that I made and in all the fuel pump fails and changes data.

As you know, being from 2010 the fuel pump is not the same, the 2010 I think it has a different pressure regulation, the pump works at 50 or 60 psi and look at the log that shows me highs of 90 or lows of 20....

I think this pump has a sensor that controls the regulation by signals with the ecm.

I can not put other models, this sensor is not if this in the fuel pump itself or idea, I do not sound to have seen.

the doubt that I have is if it is the pump if or if only the sensor or possible ecm that this roya and gives bad signals.

curious that the error has been short circuit of the pump and not low fuel pressure.
    Last edited by locusbuell; 09-12-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Red face

Hello how are you, I'm here again haha.

I make a quick summary, as I have to confirm if the ecm or the fuel pump is broken, because by ebay I bought another pump from England, as you know our dear England left the European Union so it has taken me a month to get the fuel pump.

Well I am assembling everything, but I have a small problem, or am I very stupid, the fuel filter, in which direction I install it?

only has engraved in a part this IN that means inside or inside, but that goes at the outlet of the regulator or top or bottom when it comes out to the injectors?

I put photos so that you understand it better:

The part that says IN where should the red arrow or the green arrow go?

sorry for my american english
    Last edited by locusbuell; 11-09-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: Your ECM is misinterpreting given load values....showing impossibly wild fluctuating voltage parameters...and is cracked. It is the source of your problems. Replace it.
    Hello yes, the parameters change a lot and it may be that the ecm is broken, but first I want to confirm that the fuel pump works well.

Look at the ecm after the accident, has not come to break the connection pins, but obviously has a blow, to know if that is why it gives bad data.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast