Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XB12s cuts out at steady speed

Definitely get a buelltooth and ecmdroid as a start. Do a tps reset just to rule it out, takes about 5 mins. You will need the buelltooth for this anyways. The same guy (rev-mo.com) sells a fuel pressure tester, so that's a worthwhile investment as well to test your fuel pump. I'd rebuild the fuel pump regardless as, per Barrett's note, they are failing at an alarming rate. It's inevitable, and worth just taking care of now. In the meantime, check your grounds and test your battery. My fuel pump was bad, but I also had a failing timing sensor that I had to replace, but it threw a code to make it clear (I've heard this is not always the case). The symptoms for this was intermittent cutting both cruising and under acceleration, and eventually go to the point of a backfire through the intake and engine cutting out completely. This is not nearly as common as the fuel pump, but happens. The part isn't cheap, so I wouldn't throw money at it unless you've ruled everything else out.

Bring out the gimp!

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    Bring out the gimp!
    Actually the pawn shop scene from Pulp Fiction was "right down the road" from where Uncle Cooter lives.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-story/8228a5...1-1388fd39744a

The method revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    Definitely get a buelltooth and ecmdroid as a start. Do a tps reset just to rule it out, takes about 5 mins. You will need the buelltooth for this anyways. The same guy (rev-mo.com) sells a fuel pressure tester, so that's a worthwhile investment as well to test your fuel pump. I'd rebuild the fuel pump regardless as, per Barrett's note, they are failing at an alarming rate. It's inevitable, and worth just taking care of now. In the meantime, check your grounds and test your battery. My fuel pump was bad, but I also had a failing timing sensor that I had to replace, but it threw a code to make it clear (I've heard this is not always the case). The symptoms for this was intermittent cutting both cruising and under acceleration, and eventually go to the point of a backfire through the intake and engine cutting out completely. This is not nearly as common as the fuel pump, but happens. The part isn't cheap, so I wouldn't throw money at it unless you've ruled everything else out.

Bring out the gimp!
    Rev-Mo even sells full pump kits, too. https://www.rev-mo.com/fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
    Sir: Four things readily apparent.
    1-You're not sure the exact model year of your XB
    2-If in fact it's a 2007...your TPS procedure is entirely incorrect
    3-You purchased it with a known substantial problem, either downplayed or flat-out lied about by the seller
    4-You couldn't have been anymore vague with provided info to include mileage...ownership history....stock or modded...stock or modded exhaust system

CHECK THE 10TH DIGIT OF YOUR VIN. THAT DEPICTS MODEL YEAR. NUMBER FOR NUMBER...."A" FOR YEAR 2010.

I describe "cuts out" in 1 of 2 ways: falls on its face with regularity, as if throttle gently closed. Always fuel and/or air-flow source related.....OR....abruptly stutters and shuts off as if kill switch activated. Always ignition sourced related.

Once you've determined the type of actual symptom you have, that will determine what to focus upon. Possibilities include:
    Stock exhaust system including Smart POS system with failing IEV actuator
    One or both spark plug wires shorting to ground or failed internally
    Fuel pump with marginal/interrupted fuel flow...in need of servicing
    Faulty battery and/or charging system output to include cracked/corroded/loose battery end cables
    Failing key switch relay
    Failing kill switch assembly
    Airbox-to-TB assembly rubber connector boot misaligned or improperly installed

Click link...follow simple instructions...check for historicals.

https://swcpoker.club/

You're welcome.

2003-2007 right-side engine style
    Attachment 15678

2008-2010 right side engine style
    Attachment 15679
    Thank you! It has 33k miles. Stock exhaust. No mods. I'm the forth owner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123