Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D&D Exhaust or equivalent?

D&D Exhaust or equivalent?

On my new to me XB12XP, came with what looks like a D&D Exhaust. Can't seem to find these on their or any other website so I am assuming they are no longer available? Is there a comparable product that can withstand jacking up the bike, or is there a way to jack up the bike with non-jackable exhaust? Currently I use a automotive floor jack and wheel chocks to switch out wheels and tires etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    On my new to me XB12XP, came with what looks like a D&D Exhaust. Can't seem to find these on their or any other website so I am assuming they are no longer available? Is there a comparable product that can withstand jacking up the bike, or is there a way to jack up the bike with non-jackable exhaust? Currently I use a automotive floor jack and wheel chocks to switch out wheels and tires etc...

A stock muffler is designed to be a jacking point. Even says so on the muffler.

I don't know all of them, but the Race muffler is a gutted version of the stock can, but retains the jack point braces internally.
    I've had several stock style cans apart, D&D, Drummer, etc, some have the braces, others don't.

IMHO, if you have a beer fridge in the garage like I do.... a set of paddock stands is MUCH more secure and cost less than damage from even one tip over in the garage. Spools even more so.
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...pools-on-an-XB

I would recommend the steering head pin version for the front stand, especially if you are doing tires or forks. It allows to to do the remove front axle and twist the right fork leg-away from the brake caliper trick, so you don't even have to remove the brake line.

I knew you'd let that trick out someday !

Awesome Info! Thanks.

I'm full of tricks buddy. You might even say I am a trick

Yo Tbone please and I’ll say it again please... if you have a original numbers verified police Buell do not drill the swingarm. Just spend the $100-$150 for a pitbull rear motorcycle stand.

Janky mods to rare bikes kill me. I know my 1951 Berkeley police bike someone thought it was cute to but money in the speedo, it cost me $600 minus the hundred to have it repaired.
    6BE2CB25-BC76-428A-B952-E9AF6012EC63.jpg

Also didn’t you say that the bike has a d&d muffler strange for og police issue but if you do you can jack it up by it,the j tube bolts to the block.
    I use a handy model scissor low jack for my Buells but they all have d&ds but I also have front and rear pitbull bike stands

And back on track d&d, dummer, Buell race pipe,hawk... does Randy still do pipes?

Squidbuellie, Pitbull doesn't make a rear stand for the Ulysses. I bought a used 'Standard' one, figuring I could buy the bike-specific fittings. No joy.

So, I 'Shoo-goo'd' the rubber pads on the stand pins, and put strips of non-skid tape on the underside of the swingarms. Works, but not as secure as I'd like.

Ya Buell swing arms are pretty wide, so pick a stand that doesn't have a brace in the middle, and you can easily stretch it wide enough by hand. $45 is typical.

IMO rubber pads on the greasy bottom of the oil tank/swingarm aren't as secure as spools, but if you're the type thats afraid to modify your bike from totally stock condition, either for 're-sale' lol ,or because you want the museum to have an easy time restoring it for your funeral, well then... you do you. I'd do it differently.

They look like this:
    Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 7.23.47 PM.png
    most have options for either way:
    Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 7.32.42 PM.png
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-11-2021 at 02:34 AM.

Thanks squidbuellie and everyone. I have not verified the vin. I jacked it up by the D&D using a wooden cradle I made for the stock muffler, wheel chock and floor jack20181119_102816[1].jpg In this picture I broke a drive belt and was installing a new one in the parking lot of a Jack in the box in downtown Wylie Tx. To Jack raise the front I put the wheel chock on the rear tire and jack up the front of the cradle and raise up the front end.

Cooter I have the rear stand you show on top, and I have used it with a wheel chock and ratchet straps as well, just like in the picture.

What stand would you use for the front wheel? Would I have to remove the Beak every time I used it?

Last edited by Tbone; 09-13-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast