Thread: Seat fitment.

Seat fitment.

When I bought my xb12s it came with two seats, an SCG and what appears to be just a standard height lightening seat. The fitment on the standard seat is terrible compared to the scg. Does anyone know a fix for this? I assume one was probably stored most of its life and I’m guessing it deformed in storage. I’ve tried pulling the seat into shape with some straps and letting it sit for a few days but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

I don’t mind the scg seat, but the standard seat is more comfortable for me so I’d like it to look a little better.

SCG seat
    D4F689A0-1EC8-487B-909A-5AB01CEBF05D.jpg
    1064FE25-5E8D-4D6E-9A91-FD68D57E4EC9.jpg
    Standard seat
    F6912233-C58C-4597-887B-9598A93E6331.jpg
    BD5E8E9D-1A43-4332-A989-DA43934D3835.jpg

You should be able to look under the pan and see that the front seat hook is in place. Otherwise some just do that and yours is better than others. Maybe you could use a heat gun and tweak it a little.

Ready to sell me those plastic yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You should be able to look under the pan and see that the front seat hook is in place. Otherwise some just do that and yours is better than others. Maybe you could use a heat gun and tweak it a little.

Ready to sell me those plastic yet??
    Yeah I checked to make sure both seats hook on the front properly when installed. I was afraid that might be the case. I may try welding up a frame to strap it down to and pull it back in shape with some heat.

I don’t think anyone would want to pay my price for these plastics

hello, the same thing happens to me with my buell scg, it doesn't fit well, I had to mold a little with heat gun.

the seat should fit with the side attachments and then has a plastic end that should be inserted into a hole where the rear shock absorber is.

and it still won't be perfect