Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB - XB rearset GP shift

WTB - XB rearset GP shift

Hello

I'm looking for a used rearsets with the GP shift style (inverted gears), like the one below:

858603.jpg

This is for a Buell XB12SCG
    Thanks!

Wow! Those are slick looking! Obviously for an XB but the pic shows the levers situated all wonky, hard to picture how that works?
    GP shift on an XB can be had for free by rotating the upper lever 180*.
    Here's a billet option that will accommodate that trick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25380157181...wAAOSwfttbaPes

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Wow! Those are slick looking! Obviously for an XB but the pic shows the levers situated all wonky, hard to picture how that works?
    GP shift on an XB can be had for free by rotating the upper lever 180*.
    Here's a billet option that will accommodate that trick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25380157181...wAAOSwfttbaPes

Actually I’ve done the DIY GP shift installation by rotating the upper lever, but the feeling is not good to me with the OEM shift lever and footpeg position. I’ve clip-ons and I’m quite tall, so I’m crouched on the motorbike. I’d really like to offset the footpeg in the rear.

The rearset you set in the link is very affordable, but it doesn’t look like we can adjust the footpeg position backward. I'd really like something like the Rizoma or Gilles

XB-R? I'd love to see that clip-on set up, and are those Rizoma rear sets? I really like them.

I'm tall too at 6' 2.99". The 2" drop pegs I use set my feet back slightly, but not enough to upset the brake lever or shift lever distance.

Ever tried these?Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.28.09 AM.png

XB-R? I'd love to see that clip-on set up, and are those Rizoma rear sets? I really like them.

I'm tall too at 6' 2.99". The 2" drop pegs I use set my feet back slightly, but not enough to upset the brake lever or shift lever distance.

Ever tried these?Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.28.09 AM.png
    no it's not a XB12R, it is a XB12 SCG lightning, those are Vortex Clipons that were sold on the EBR website. the GP setup that I currently have is a DIY, I just revesed the upper lever and reworked the lower one to lower the attachement position between the shift lever and the quickshift rod
    I'm as tall as you (183cm), so when combining all the parameters together: Clipons + SCG (lower seat) + tall guy = crouched on the bike

P_20210915_234553.jpg

P_20210915_234716.jpg

P_20210915_234744.jpg
    Last edited by Popol; 09-15-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Now I even have most questions! Haha.
    Looks like Woodcraft does (or did) have a rearset option for Buells that would accommodate GP shift.

So what brand is the pic of the rears sets you posted? I can't seem to find them.
    Did you have to remove or space the headlight module forward to fit the Vortex clip-ons? Wheres the key now?
    Is that a sequential LED tach? I couldn't find one of those either without making it myself!

So what brand is the pic of the rears sets you posted? I can't seem to find them.
    Did you have to remove or space the headlight module forward to fit the Vortex clip-ons? Wheres the key now?
    Is that a sequential LED tach? I couldn't find one of those either without making it myself!

the rearsets are the OEM ones on my bike, OEM footpeg. I just build a DIY GP shift lever by cutting the front attachement of the OEM lever, and screwing a metal plate to lower the attachement, which gives a better angle between the rod and the lever pivot.

Regarding the Vortex, if I remember well I had to remove the headlight module to make some space for the installation but then I was able to reinstall the headlight module without cutting it. However, I had to drill a large hole on the right side to run the throttle cable through. The key switch have been removed from the headlight module because they were indeed clashing with the Vortex, I relocated it behind the oil radiator close to the left leg (I'll send a pic)

The LED shift light is also a DIY project I've done it with an arduino and a 1/4 led ring from Adafruit, however I never succeeded to have a clear signal and the shift light was very inconsistent. So I bought the shiftlight module from Chippernut , which has a better design and code than mine obviously (I'm very bad at coding...) , but it requires a 4 wire led strip... the adafruit led ring has only 3.... so now I need to find a 1/4 led ring with 4 wire to match the Chippernut shiftlight module. And the current 1/4 led ring support you see on the picture is 3D printed, and bonded on the dashboard
    Last edited by Popol; 09-16-2021 at 07:24 AM.

I went down the same path for the sequential tach... arduino and all.

If you just want a shift light can't you buy one and attach any LED strip to it?

Not wanting to tread jack. But asb used to sell the swooping tach light that followed the curve of the speedo mold. You had to roll it to the right to fit lightings speedo because of windscreen, but fit perfect on firebolts. I found one in one of my random boxes
    1A97D4E4-203A-4EE2-A84A-47D63B9C0ECE.jpg
    If I remember right it sweeps green yellow red and then all flash red at redline and the two buttons could adjust your settings

Ya, exactly what I was trying to make.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast