Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Fuel Pumps

Aftermarket Fuel Pumps

My fuel pump melted...literally!

Who's running an aftermarket pump? What's your experience? What pump?

I've gone through the parts cross reference and looked at a couple of threads on fuel pump alternatives. The only thing I haven't seen is followups with the alternative pumps.

Let me know your experience.

Also...where's the best place to get the PTFE fuel lines used on the pump?

Here's my pump...

20210914_180902.jpg
    20210914_180846.jpg

Mr User deleted can answer all your pump and pump accessory questions.

Barrett

seeing how your fuel pump is I guess your bike is a pre-2010.

On ebay there are many that can be replaced, for example I think this one will work for you.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/15194055137...dVH31RptCJs0hs

but it is strange that no fuse has broken before the 10 amp fuse...

IMO, avoid offshore junk considering how hard it is for people to replace, and triple check its the correct regulator. 40 psi is not enough. Should be 49psi and if the seller can't answer that... well... run away.

FYI the OE pump brand is WalBro and make sure the corrugated hose is TOP quality. The cheap ones leak fast, it's hard to get something rated for being submerged in gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    IMO, avoid offshore junk considering how hard it is for people to replace, and triple check its the correct regulator. 40 psi is not enough. Should be 49psi and if the seller can't answer that... well... run away.

FYI the OE pump brand is WalBro and make sure the corrugated hose is TOP quality. The cheap ones leak fast, it's hard to get something rated for being submerged in gasoline.
    Thanks, 100% on that. I have a new OEM regulator, new filter, and all the seals. There's another thread on here with someone using an AC-Delco EP274 which is a Walbro 521. Here's the fuel hoses I'm ordering. I just need to decide on the pump itself.

https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/pr...fp-hosekit.htm

Nice 'Cruza! Thats a great link for a quality part

Levan: I'm assuming you've sourced the sock strainer filter and high pressure filter via aftermarket cross-referencing. Great!

1-The components in that ebay link are garbage and cobbled together from Chrysler minivan parts bin crap.
    2-Replace the 2 housing sealing O-rings. Incorrect replacements floating around online. I have correct ones if needed.
    3-Replace the drain plug and pressure outlet port O-rings. Total of three. I have correct ones if needed.
    4-Replace the fuel level sensor. That excessive heat as pictured has harmed the sensor. P0789.KA now delisted and NLA. I bought out the last of the factory inventory which was close to 90 and still have plenty left in stock.
    5-Before ordering those fuel lines in your link...and they are excellent...check your high pressure feed line length. Replacement must be very close in length.
    6-Refresh the high pressure filter bushings(2) and re-use if possible. Most are reuseable. I have correct ones if needed.
    7-The 12V pump motor CORRECTLY crosses over to the below. There are numerous douchebags online posting up multiple incorrect motor and regulator part numbers. Beware!
    AIRTEX # E2061
    WALBRO # 521
    AC/Delco EP274
    Delphi FE0052
    Ford E5ZZ-9A407-A
    GM 25116975

Well on ebay it says that the working pressure ranges from 43 to 68 psi, it would be enough, but you have to trust the seller.

It is better to play it safe and buy something of quality and know that it works 100%.
    I read some time ago that a person of this forum, in his 2010 buell xb bought the fuel pump kit kemso brand, and said it worked very well.

But there is little information.

Hey John...thanks brother for the detailed post. I have some of what you listed but not all.

I have the high pressure filter but I DON"T have the sock strainer yet because I haven't picked the pump.

I was looking at the AC Delco EP274 pump which is a Walbro 521 and it uses a different sock strainer because the pickup is a different size. I hesitated on purchasing this pump because it's only rated at 45 psi.

From reading in other posts and from Shaughn's quote above, the pump needs to be at at least 49 psi. Is this correct?

The Airtex E2061 is rated at 80-90 psi. Is this too much?

The Delphi FE0052, Ford E5ZZ-9A407-A, and the GM 25116975 I can't find anywhere.
    The EP274 and the E2061 are the only two I can find info on.

2-Replace the 2 housing sealing O-rings. Incorrect replacements floating around online. I have correct ones if needed.

I have these.

3-Replace the drain plug and pressure outlet port O-rings. Total of three. I have correct ones if needed.

I have the two outlet port o rings, but not the drain plug o ring.

4-Replace the fuel level sensor. That excessive heat as pictured has harmed the sensor. P0789.KA now delisted and NLA. I bought out the last of the factory inventory which was close to 90 and still have plenty left in stock.

I'll need one of these.

5-Before ordering those fuel lines in your link...and they are excellent...check your high pressure feed line length. Replacement must be very close in length.

My high pressure line is 170mm in length. These fuel lines should work.

6-Refresh the high pressure filter bushings(2) and re-use if possible. Most are reuseable. I have correct ones if needed.

My original bushings had significant shrinkage so I ordered new OEM from HD.

So...I'm still trying to figure out what pump to use.

John, I'm sending you an email about the sensor and the drain plug o ring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast