Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else think this is bonkers??

So I go to the cafeteria for breakfast this morning at work.....as usual. Begin to make my waffle, same as every other day. Little prefabbed premixxed things.....or whatever. Everytime I only use one container my waffle sucks because it isn't enough mix, so aha! Use two little preffabbed containers to make a superduper megabadass waffle! Little cafeteria associate asks "Why do you use two?" I explain. THEN SHE HAS THE UTMOST AUDACITY TO CHARGE ME FOR TWO WAFFLES?!?! Doesn't make sense to me. Find a better way I say. These 1.60 cafeteria work waffles are getting expensive!!

hahaha .. technically.. you did use 2 cups of waffle ingrediants.. Just sayin

I work for public shool system, the students get thier lunch at like $2.25 (yeah it sucks, but hey full stomach for 2.25) The faculty and staff get the exact (same) lunch as the students to which also get Free and Reduced lunch options, for $3.00!!! Why the heck do I have to pay more when I get the same thing as the students???? Some of my friends that teach in private institutions get meals for free!!!!
    So here lately I just wait till the end of the lunch periods and ask to have some of the food that they are dumping into the trash.....

Save $300 a month and bring leftovers. :D:D

I wish the decider of the portion that goes into the prefabbed cup would be a little LESS stingy and MORE gracious - I want a big honking waffle not a tiny waste of space, unttil my coffee / gummibears brake at the front lobby Starbucks here in a little while this waffle has to last!!

And those are the good old days buelljek!! An entire lunch for $2.25 hecccccckkkk yes!!

Breakfasts for $1.60 and lunch for $3, and you guys are complaining? Could always try the dollar menu.. Or bring your own, bet that would cost WAY less..

Somedays I bring peirogies for lunch. The store sells bags with 12-13 of them for $1.50, and I usually only eat about 6 of them. $0.75 cent lunches!! I'm kinda sick of them at the moment though haha. I'm a muncher though so I tend to just sit here eating triscuits and chips/salsa all day and usually just skip an actual lunch.

Ya I'm an emergency room EMT so skipping lunch isn't uncommon get to save a little there. Only have time for breakfast when we aren't busy yet

I do the leftovers, and maybe something from the cupboard, no way in hell I am paying through the nose for order out or vending machine food.

Figure I spend about $1-$3 for lunch that is what I choose and about 2-3 times more food than what the same amount would by me the other ways.

Today on my lunch menu, Spaghetti O's w/hotdogs (gotta get some junk in), triscuits w/pepper jack cheese slices, protein bar, Grape Gatorade (sugar free of course). Well that is about $4 but still better than vending machine snacks or fat filled order out pizza, burgers, or some other deep fried hell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast