Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: buell xb 12 scg problem ecm

buell xb 12 scg problem ecm

Hi, I am looking for a map for my 2010 buell xb 12 scg, it has a ecm bue1d, it is giving me problems and I suspect it is from the map, I have a sebring and a k&n air filter,see if anyone has a map at least that goes well for the sebring or the filter.

When I use it the bike goes very bad, it gives jerks, and lacks power.

A 2010 ECM should have BUE-2D firmware.
    99.999% your magic black box is NOT the problem. IMHO I suggest to FIX the bike using proper diagnostic procedures, then monkey with modifying the tune after it is running well.

Since you want to be a mechanic, here is a free copy of the 2009 service manual for you to read. There with be only tiny differences with your 2010 such as dual O2 sensors but it still contains ALL of the information you need to diagnose jerks.
    https://www.buellmods.com/content/do...ice_manual.pdf

If you insist on guessing that the solid state extremely reliable magic in the black box is the culprit, I would suggest swapping it with a known good one (muffler won't matter) instead of changing your "tune". There are many other parameters that go with that .xpr file.

If you STILL insist that the magic black box is your problem, check out Rev-mo.com for instructions on how to open pandoras box for free.
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-04-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    A 2010 ECM should have BUE-2D firmware.
    99.999% your magic black box is NOT the problem. IMHO I suggest to FIX the bike using proper diagnostic procedures, then monkey with modifying the tune after it is running well.

Since you want to be a mechanic, here is a free copy of the 2009 service manual for you to read. There with be only tiny differences with your 2010 such as dual O2 sensors but it still contains ALL of the information you need to diagnose jerks.
    https://www.buellmods.com/content/do...ice_manual.pdf

If you insist on guessing that the solid state extremely reliable magic in the black box is the culprit, I would suggest swapping it with a known good one (muffler won't matter) instead of changing your "tune". There are many other parameters that go with that .xpr file.

If you STILL insist that the magic black box is your problem, check out Rev-mo.com for instructions on how to open pandoras box for free.
    Hello, thank you for your help.

The bike some time ago had an accident, when I repaired, I already explained I think some time ago here well solve all the faults etc..

Today I went to test it and it does not work well, I have reset TPS, checked fuel pump and ignition, it starts perfectly.

I find it very strange that it goes so bad so suddenly, the ecm was hit in the accident, and has a small crack in the housing, maybe that's why.

I have also thought that maybe with the ecmdroid, I have been trying many things, and may have things enabled or disabled, ie options etc, and do not have it as it came from stock.

The ecm to my merca me that is a bue1d,in the copy that I have made of the errprom puts bue1d....

I will confirm it tomorrow just in case.

I don't know, I will check spark plugs.

I just wanted a map to test if it is that or not.

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself well, I'm not very fluent in English.

thank you very much for the link, I will take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by locusbuell View Post
    The bike some time ago had an accident,
    Today I went to test it and it does not work well, ...
    I have reset TPS, ...
    checked fuel pump and ignition,
    it starts perfectly.
    ...it goes so bad so suddenly,
    the ecm was hit in the accident,
    and has a small crack in the housing,
    Now THAT is some information we can use to actually help you. It is still scetchy and incoherent but much better than 0.

Save your fuel map if you can, then throw away that ECM. Any DDFI-3 ecm will work to replace it. No need to pay more to some e-bay seller just because the plastic has "Race ECM" written on it. I have a known good one that I can send you to test.

Since you are playing with ECMDroid already (also important info), datalog a ride and see what happens when it "goes bad suddenly" that will tell you EXACTLY what the problem is.

Now THAT is some information we can use to actually help you. It is still scetchy and incoherent but much better than 0.

Save your fuel map if you can, then throw away that ECM. Any DDFI-3 ecm will work to replace it. No need to pay more to some e-bay seller just because the plastic has "Race ECM" written on it. I have a known good one that I can send you to test.

Since you are playing with ECMDroid already (also important info), datalog a ride and see what happens when it "goes bad suddenly" that will tell you EXACTLY what the problem is.
    Hi, well I have to look at it, I got a new stock map for the buell.

I have tried it today and it is still as bad,I have been playing with the ecmdroid options and nothing.

If I need a ddfI3 with the bue1d firmware.

I don't know if it's the ecu that is broken, or the ecmdroid options are misconfigured.

Well, my map has just been bought with another of the same model, and they are the same, there is nothing strange, so everything points to the fact that the control unit is broken.
    I thought it could be the fuel pump, but then I would have to get a pressure error and the ecmdroid test works fine.

You don't need to match firmware to use the ECM. Any DDFI-3 ECM is the same no matter the firmware and will run the bike the same.

If everything points to the control unit being bad, whats "everything"? You haven't stated any actual tests done and failed?

The fuel pump has no pressure sensor on an XB, the ECM has no idea if the fuel pump is bad. The ECMDroid test simply closes the relay and does not test pressure or flow. You would need to do that manually to know.

You don't need to match firmware to use the ECM. Any DDFI-3 ECM is the same no matter the firmware and will run the bike the same.

If everything points to the control unit being bad, whats "everything"? You haven't stated any actual tests done and failed?

The fuel pump has no pressure sensor on an XB, the ECM has no idea if the fuel pump is bad. The ECMDroid test simply closes the relay and does not test pressure or flow. You would need to do that manually to know.
    Hello, well I've been busy looking a little buell, I made a log of about 15 minutes, as I do not understand much of the subject I asked for help to a person, and in the log we have seen this
    this log friend

this is my log

this is the log of another user with the same buell as mine and the one below is the log of mine, as you can see, there is a line(white)of data that changes a lot, in theory it is the IAT sensor or the air temperature sensor, which is in the airbox.

I will have to buy a new one I think, but just in case I put a new one, I have done a reset to everything, I have rechecked ignition coils and fuel pump, spark plugs etc.I have been able to test with another sensor that I had saved but it is not mine, I have borrowed it.

The bike now goes better than before, but still makes me strange things, lack of power and jerks when giving gas.
    I wanted to try a map that I downloaded but it is in txt format.... and with the ecmpsy I can not pass it to xpr, I think my ecm is fine and maybe with putting the new sensor and map according to the k&N filter + SEBRING could solve the problem.
    I have checked the wiring of the air temperature sensor and it is ok, has a voltage of 5 volts, has good GND, I have not been able to check the sensor, I guess depending on the air temperature, the sensor sends a signal that changes according to the temperature.
    Last edited by locusbuell; 09-10-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Sir: Your ECM is misinterpreting given load values....showing impossibly wild fluctuating voltage parameters...and is cracked. It is the source of your problems. Replace it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast