Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: My bike died while riding! HELP!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Buc-ees
    Posts
    3,644

    My bike died while riding! HELP!!!

    I was riding my (new to me V-Rod) and the bike totally died in traffic without warning. I looked over everything and nothing is wrong. What can be the problem? HELP!!!! I just wanna riiiiiide my new bike!!!!!

    (no empty beer cans were observed near the bike)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Central Soviet state of new jersey.
    Posts
    2,531
    (no empty beer cans were observed near the bike), and you can't figure out what's wrong, really ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    260
    welcome to the forum! You definitely need to do the breather re-route mod and drill holes in the airbox for better airflow.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    50
    Can you describe the traffic?

  5. #5
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Buc-ees
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    (no empty beer cans were observed near the bike), and you can't figure out what's wrong, really ?
    Well that person is out exploring Hwy 129 in North Carolina. He reported back, "what a fun motorcycle road".

  6. #6
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Buc-ees
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by RidetheLightning View Post
    welcome to the forum! You definitely need to do the breather re-route mod and drill holes in the airbox for better airflow.
    U have a tune for that? I need power! and I just wanna ride my bike.

  7. #7
    Senior Member 34nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Buc-ees
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherman View Post
    Can you describe the traffic?
    It was at a traffic choke-point, and I was getting ready to make a left at a 4 way intersection. Traffic was reasonable light, but since all the lanes converged into a small intersection it was a bit busy. Luckily , I made it out alive.
    The sky was clear, winds were about 4mph from the NE, and the barometer was hovering around 34%. I did see a Prius and a late model Mustang was stuck behind me. Luckily I was able to push it out of the intersection.


    1.JPG

  8. #8
    Senior Member lancruza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    King, NC
    Posts
    460
    It's blatantly obvious that the TPS needs to be reset.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Crawling up your skirt
    Posts
    9,688
    V-rod? Sorry but you'll need to see the dealer to re-check the tire pressure with a special diagnostic tool.

    Oh, and Hwy 129 in NC.... WAS awesome. I didn't know where we were until is saw a neat little hotel/store called Deals Gap. Ever heard of it?


    I'm not getting any smarter

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    It was at a traffic choke-point, and I was getting ready to make a left at a 4 way intersection. Traffic was reasonable light, but since all the lanes converged into a small intersection it was a bit busy. Luckily , I made it out alive.
    The sky was clear, winds were about 4mph from the NE, and the barometer was hovering around 34%. I did see a Prius and a late model Mustang was stuck behind me. Luckily I was able to push it out of the intersection.


    1.JPG
    Check the ground straps on your wheels. Sometimes the rubber from the tires prevents the bike from grounding properly on the road surface. You might need new tires.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •