Thread: New to the forum Thanks for having me

Question New to the forum Thanks for having me

Hey, I am new around here. I just picked up a 2005 blast. I am enjoying the bike but I am in the process of finishing the previous owner's "upgrades". When I bought the bike he mentioned that it has a high idle that he hasn't been able to figure out. Upon closer inspection, it looks like he replaced the stock exhaust with an I am not sure what. Could that be causing the high idle?

Welcome.

Doubtful. This sounds like a fueling issue. There should be an idle speed screw behind the carb I would try first. Also, make sure the throttle cables are not sticking, adjusted correctly and the throttle plate is not being held open by the cables. You may want to remove the throttle cables and just to take them out of the equation for troubleshooting purposes. You could also have the "auto choke" stuck open and constantly enriching the fuel supply. Luckily, the carb is "essentially" the same as the carb used on most of the carb-ed Harley and Buell models so there is a wealth of information out there.

Free service books are available for download at buellmods.com

Awesome. Thanks. I found the service manuals and printed one out last week. It was really helpful installing the turn signals the previous owner left off.

My next project is fixing the front turn signal the previous owner installed that is not working and getting the speedo/Odometer working again.