Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Historical One-of-One Buell XB

Historical One-of-One Buell XB

Doubt any board members have ever seen an Anniversary Edition Black Lightning, or in particular a 13 year old Buell fresh out of the crate...never dealer prepped...never ridden. This is the only one known to exist in the world and wanted to post up a few pics before it leaves my building today, headed to new owner in Florida. This is exactly what new XB's looked like when uncrated to include double plastic wrapped seat...all markings and decals and stickers...even the tiny white chalk reference lines on the rim edges so that the line worker knew exactly where the tire valve was when lining up the "red dot" tire balancing mark for tire mounting. Even the color coded tire valve washer that was to be removed and then checked off the "prep sheet", still in place.
    This Buell and Danny's museum Buell are the only brand new never ridden Buells anyone has ever located.

100_1974.jpg
    100_1975.jpg
    100_1976.jpg
    100_1977.jpg
    100_1978.jpg

So nice. I love it

That's really nice.

Incredible John. That's akin to finding buried treasure! Thanks for sharing.

Neat thanks for sharing the pics. And is that an 86 or 87 Monty SS in the background?

Thanks Josh....Dieter.....Bob...for the kind words.
    CVC: very sharp eye. It's an 87 Monte Carlo SS NASCAR AeroCoupe with T-tops. One of only 199 built before Chevrolet cut the option due to reported wind noise and rear window problems, at speed. The only cars that I kept after my Dad's death in 2012 were my 3 NASCAR Aero cars, including his yellow SuperBird that he bought new and left me. The orange SuperBird I bought in October of 72.

004.jpg
    006.jpg
    008.jpg
    my superbird.JPG
    superbird.JPG

That lightning is a cool piece for sure John.

All u need for your Nascar aero collection is a talladega Torino now!

Thats a very special piece John! Not to mention your incredible taste in cars too. I hope the gentleman in Florida doesn't Google "hell-fire exhaust" and instead enjoys that stock beauty the way it is. I'd even be OK with a Museum spot for others to enjoy (and that's rare for me)

Just got back from Barber in Birmingham (10/24/21) and their Buell section has been relocated and expanded immensely! Top floor and a well proper and deserved display. Your Black Lightning would be a perfect addition

Sorry for the blurry pics, having I-phone 13 vs. motorcycle vibration issues

I'm not Mr. Museum but it's a bucket list place for any motorcyclist, not to mention the best Buell display I've ever seen. Dale's Wheels Through Time, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway is another, and has a few Buells in it as well! You'd appreciate that one too, John. Almost everything is 100 years old and most everything runs! They fired up a WW II Harley that was a Boxer 4 cylinder/ shaft drive! Amazing history on that one, if you don't know it, enjoy the wormhole

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast