Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side mirror ideas...

Side mirror ideas...

Hey guys, been a while, but I've been riding my XB9S and not fixing stuff haha.

I have repaired my original right side mirror many times and replaced it a while back with an used OEM one but I have the same cracking issue.

Question: what's your best option for new aftermarket mirrors (in place or bar-end)?

1,000 thanks in advance!

How well do the glassless mirrors work? Also wondering how the wear or stay reflective over time?

From the link:
    "The convex mirror surface is produced in flycutting by means of diamond tools on ultra-precision machines. It is then made resistant to oxidation, corrosion and abrasion by a complex plasma coating process in a vacuum. "

Aluminum is never going to be as hard as glass, but the process, the well known high quality company and the price point would point to a good product, IMO. It sure won't crack with a tip over

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the link. My issue isn't with the mirrors breaking, it's the plastic housing.

What mirrors on this site do you recommend for a lightning? Do you use upward bar mounted mirrors or grip end mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by Clanofwolves View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the link. My issue isn't with the mirrors breaking, it's the plastic housing.

What mirrors on this site do you recommend for a lightning? Do you use upward bar mounted mirrors or grip end mirrors?
    My personal preference for mirrors on the lightening is the factory style bar mounted location. I have some nice Rizoma bar end mirrors on mine now and while they provide an excellent view I hate them. I have to look way too far down to see them. I live in a pretty dense urban area and taking your eyes that far off the road can be a gamble in traffic for cruising the open road they would be great. The bar end mirrors also increase the overall width of the bike making it harder to filter through grid lock traffic.

Not a fan of the factory mirrors myself, and I prefer the bar ends. Different strokes.

I prefer bar ends as well, for the better view. I just wait for the door of the Instagramming Tesla driver to fold my mirror in for me as I ping-pong my way through oblivious drivers* using "FSD"**.

* Are they still "drivers" if they aren't driving? I mean sure they're sitting in that seat, but without the actual act of driving, would suggest they are just another passenger in Elon's Matrix.

**Really isn't anywhere near that promotional title.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I prefer bar ends as well, for the better view. I just wait for the door of the Instagramming Tesla driver to fold my mirror in for me as I ping-pong my way through oblivious drivers* using "FSD"**.

* Are they still "drivers" if they aren't driving? I mean sure they're sitting in that seat, but without the actual act of driving, would suggest they are just another passenger in Elon's Matrix.

**Really isn't anywhere near that promotional title.
    I like to think of them as copilots. In their cars and life their lives in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherman View Post
    I like to think of them as copilots. In their cars and life their lives in general.
    Best post of 2021!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast