Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VR recommendation?

Finally installed the new R/R, relocated to the left side scoop.20211110_062648[1].jpg

Do you have a right side scoop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    Finally installed the new R/R, relocated to the left side scoop.20211110_062648[1].jpg
    If you're going to do that, you're going to want to reorient the R/R so the air can flow over all of the fins, not just get blocked by the first one. Also, reorienting it should create less of a blockage of air through the scoop to the rear cylinder.

I would just mount it in the stock location. But if you insist on doing this, I'd highly recommend getting the RH scoop.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-10-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Yes I have a RH Scoop. The R/R is only 1.5" thick, with over 3/4" risers underneath it. The pic doesn't show it, but there is plenty of air space above it as well.
    Here is a better pic.20211110_125917[1].jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tbone; 11-10-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Yes I have a RH Scoop. The R/R is only 1.5" thick, with over 3/4" risers underneath it. The pic doesn't show it, but there is plenty of air space above it as well.
    Here is a better pic.20211110_125917[1].jpg

Regardless of your decision to mount it there, you chose to mount it in a position that blocks the most air flow to the engine, and provides the least amount of airflow over the heatsink. Assuming that side is 1-1/2" tall, mounting it the other way would only present 3/4" to block the air flow, and allow air to flow through the entire heat sink, instead of just the face of the outer fin.

You do you, though.

34nineteen thanks for the input. Air flow is not a problem for the R/R or the rear cylinder. Fan actually runs a lot less.
    Barrett this Shindengen V/R/R in the last 2 days I have ran it has been excellent thus far performance wise, hopefully the rest will follow. I am tired of buying V/R/R that does not perform well, does not last, and cooks your stator, as well changing headlight bulbs continuously.
    Last edited by Tbone; 11-11-2021 at 07:27 PM.

34nineteen thanks for the input. Air flow is not a problem for the R/R or the rear cylinder. Fan actually runs a lot less.
    Are you saying that by putting the R/R in the scoop, the fan now runs a lot less?
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-11-2021 at 07:56 PM.

The OE VR is a very dependable and solid state unit. Simply replacing it would solve your problem. You maybe thinking 1125 issues?

If you insist on blocking the engine cooling scoop and adding heat to its incoming air, you could rotate the VR 90* and allow the air to cool the whole heatsink instead of the only the leading fin?

Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Cooter; 11-11-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    The OE VR is a very dependable and solid state unit. Simply replacing it would solve your problem. You maybe thinking 1125 issues?

If you insist on blocking the engine cooling scoop and adding heat to its incoming air, you could rotate the VR 90* and allow the air to cool the whole heatsink instead of the only the leading fin?

Just a suggestion.
    If its a GENUINE Shindengen FH020 R/R, its actually a pretty decent piece. There are a bunch of cheap knock-offs out there on eBay for cheap. I think that one was one of the preferred replacements on the 1125, aside from the monstrous CE-605. The CE-605 is really cool, but its really hard to find an effective mounting point for it on an 1125. My first 1125CR had the CE-605 and my last one had a FH020 with the drilled rotor. I think the FH020 has been superseded by the SH847, though.

Jack at roadstercycles I believe guarantees it is authentic. In my experience/opinion, which is about 3 days and 300 miles, an OE VR is now a sub-standard part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast