Thread: Swingarm

Hybrid View

Swingarm

20211107_113201.jpg

Does anyone recognize this swingarm configuration? I bought this bike (love at first sight) and I cannot see anybody making this him(her)self. Thank you.20211107_113136.jpg

This is likely a custom swingarm as the shock is in a completely different location and configuration. They likely had to fabricate an upper shock mount as well.
    It looks like a Ninja 636 shock being used. And the rear wheel looks non-stock also. Its probably from the same bike the shock was taken from.

I dont know why you dont think a person could build such a thing?

This bike also looks like it has a really rare and expensive Buell dual front brake setup. It doesnt look like an homebrew setup. I cant tell what the exhaust is, but its definitely doesnt not look like a regular aftermarket piece like a V&H, Jardine, Wileyco, etc.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-16-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    This is likely a custom swingarm as the shock is in a completely different location and configuration. They likely had to fabricate an upper shock mount as well.
    It looks like a Ninja 636 shock being used. And the rear wheel looks non-stock also. Its probably from the same bike the shock was taken from.

I dont know why you dont think a person could build such a thing?

This bike also looks like it has a really rare and expensive Buell dual front brake setup. It doesnt look like an homebrew setup. I cant tell what the exhaust is, but its definitely doesnt not look like a regular aftermarket piece like a V&H, Jardine, Wileyco, etc.
    Thank you for the reply, the exhaust is a Bos titanium with a nice deep sound to it. The building of such a swingarm must be a difficult job working with very narrow tolerances.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoleeflang View Post
    Thank you for the reply, the exhaust is a Bos titanium with a nice deep sound to it. The building of such a swingarm must be a difficult job working with very narrow tolerances.

The swingarm was no easy feat, and reworking the rear susension would have been a chore all of its own, as the linkage will completely alter the suspension spring rate and curve from stock. I'd normally say, I hope the person who designed it knew what they were doing, but from the pics you provided, I'd also say they were probably more than competent. Its a good looking setup, and I'd be interested in seeing more of the detail of it. I'm guessing they did their own version of a Honda Pro Link.

https://gallery.autodesk.com/fusion3.../unit-pro-link
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 11-16-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    The swingarm was no easy feat, and reworking the rear susension would have been a chore all of its own, as the linkage will completely alter the suspension spring rate and curve from stock. I'd normally say, I hope the person who designed it knew what they were doing, but from the pics you provided, I'd also say they were probably more than competent. Its a good looking setup, and I'd be interested in seeing more of the detail of it. I'm guessing they did their own version of a Honda Pro Link.

https://gallery.autodesk.com/fusion3.../unit-pro-link
    20211117_213733.jpg20211117_213744.jpg20211117_213758.jpg20211117_213830.jpg

Thanks for the information! Today I found the rear shock being made by Suzuki, also the wheels are from Suzuki.

Wow, and looks to be very well done. What a nice ride!

I like it

That is slick. Is that a heim joint that aluminum link pivots on? Where does the top of the shock mount to? I'll bet the aluminum link was off the donor bike. Neat-o torpedo!

The chain tensioner/pulley wheel - frame/swingarm mount brace looks pretty trick too