Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Melvins'

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Maybe Buells new direction isnt to manufacture a bleeding edge technology bike? Maybe its just building American made bikes that are "good enough". Nothing wrong with that.

I applaud Bill Melvin for stepping up, investing in the company and trying to turn it around. I'm curious to see what the future brings and the future lineup.
    Most buyers will never do a track day with their bike. I think the platform is still sound. Even the XB’s were fast enough to kill you in a city block . If the bikes just had comparable electronics including antilock brakes. Then company offered accessories for performance that the end user could add. ( I would pay $1000.00 to $1500.00 for an ABS kit two wheels with Module and lines/hoses ect to retrofit my SS or XT. ). If they could make the price inline with metric bikes with similar performance then the ZTL brakes and the water quenched aluminum casting process for the swing arm and maybe some other unique bits that made the Buells what they were to ride they might have a chance.
    On the other hand Cooter’s probably but unfortunately correct they are still trying to sell a 2008-14 model with new trim. For 2022 niche prices.
    Last edited by cvc; 02-23-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Pretty sure Wyatt Earp shot a single action colt calibered in 45Long Colt

Indeed, Josh.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ction/7868943/

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Pretty sure Wyatt Earp shot a single action colt calibered in 45Long Colt
    For a guy that nicknamed himself Outlaw, not surprised you'd know that trivia, haha.

Anyway.... I don't mean to bash the bike itself. I agree it is a phenomenal performer. Matter of fact, I bought it new because it did NOT have the added electronics.

My bitch is the shady used car sales tactics putting a black eye on the bike and the brand that I love.

Wish I'd have gotten one of these when they were still produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Cj...tusMotorcycles

Guess who bought the remnants of that company.. yep, lap.

180 hp , 125+ ft/lbs torque in a sport/tour bike with pizazzz. What's not to like?

They are now selling that amazing engine to re-power the Polaris SxS with 180hp!!

https://americanv4.com

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Wish I'd have gotten one of these when they were still produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Cj...tusMotorcycles

Guess who bought the remnants of that company.. yep, lap.

180 hp , 125+ ft/lbs torque in a sport/tour bike with pizazzz. What's not to like?

That engine sounds incredible!

The rumor mill says 2 new bikes from Buell will be released in the upcoming days. I'm guessing the adventure bike will be one.

Na. I would LOVE to be wrong but its the same EBR 1190 with the only set of Hammerhead airbox/sides they have, and the Dirtbike with the EBR engine they didn't even make.

Same ol same ol 'Generating excitement' cringeworthy buzzword crap. Come see the semi trailer we wrapped!!!!!! Ya ok. I'd rather come see a ROW of Hammerheads, or a prototype ANYTHING.

They did 'leak' the same/only 8-bit 2 tone rendering of the "ADV" they had a 8 grader make for them 2 years ago. Looks like something in GTA2.

Looks like the Melvin advertising budget has enough to buy Roland Sands for at least 50 seconds

"Analog monster" aka 10 year old tech in your "new" bike.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast