After my latest round of full throttle tuning, my rear rocker box (most likely just the PCV grommet) is leaking enough for oil to make its way down to the primary cover. So I bought the gaskets and grommets needed to do a whole rocker box gasket/grommet service on both cylinders and have started tearing the bike down. My concern is with engine rotation because I don't think I've ever needed to do it before - or my memory is failing me and I just don't remember what I did a very long time ago.

I need to rotate the engine significantly in order to clear the frame and rear valve cover. It doesn't seem like that's going to be possible with a simple rotation down. I was considering remove the engine entirely from the bike, but am also kind of lazy and would like to avoid unnecessary dismantling for a mere gasket repair. I've started thinking about using my engine hoist to strap the frame up and lift it over the engine instead? I've got a rear stand supporting the bike via some axle sliders, not sure that's enough for stabilization, but I've always been a bit dangerous.

Anyway, looking for opinions... not really sure what to do here. Bike's been on "jackstands" for the last month or more and would like to get it back on the road again.

Happy belated US Thanksgiving.