Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buelltooth needed in Aus

Cooter: Many thanks for all the input and the Tpieice link. Ill put the pressure test on the list. The fuel rail was flushed clean.
    Only the the 1 large backfire through the exhaust so far with the others through the throttle body. I'll also try to upload a Video for you.
    I'll try the carb cleaner as well as rechecking the grounds and then try the dongle when i get 1 and clear the codes.

Cheers Rod

Good luck with the testing. Erasing the codes won't change anything, it's like wiping the fingerprints off a crime scene. Won't change the problem, but you need the clues to solve it.

You're quite welcome. The subtle clue that you have one or more compromised grounds is historical/active #33. Can only be electrically induced from either a shorted + feed source....or faulty ground. Since your XB is NOT a 2010, those are the only 2 possible causes because the ECM induces ground to the pump to complete the power circuit. Combine #33 with all the other FC's and you've clearly got grounding issues. Give me a heads-up on here if you plan on purchasing the Rev-Mo unit and having it shipped to me for forwarding over to you.

Yer a good man Mr Fringe

Cheers Cooter, Hope I get a result as good as Colombo

I'll keep chipping away at it.

Thanks Barrett for the latest feedback. Would that +short or the faulty ground be in the fuel pump circuit itself or coming from an outside source?

I'm trying to find the best way test all the ecm wires and circuits. I'm a bit electrically challenged to put it mildly.

I'll purchase that dongle from Rev-Moto. If you can give me your mailing address to my email oscaroscar.thompson@gmail.com

That would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Rod

You're welcome. Sent you an email this morning.
    Keyboard electrical diagnostics via some website is a crap-shoot, at best. An XB fuel pump with a compromised positive circuit generally results in erratic and very poor engine performance.....failure to immediately prime with both key and kill switch to ON position...popped 10A dedicated fuse. A compromised negative circuit generally results in fault code/historical #33....difficult cold and hot starting....10A dedicated fuse NOT affected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12