Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We're goin' racin'!

We're goin' racin'!

In a remarkable turn of events, somehow Bubbles and I ended up enrolling and passing New Racers School and are getting our numbers and race licenses to run in the new CRA series. We're old and far from race-team rich, so this is pretty far up the 'you should know better' scale. How it ends up has a high probability of being broke, broken, and busted.

All the races are in California at Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, and Thunderhill and neither of us has even been to Laguna or Thunderhill! Send it, right?

Good, bad, or just pathetic, I'll chronicle it all here for you to laugh at

FYI I'm on the tiny Brutalé because the .03˘ copper washer on the EBR water pump has a drip. So I have to remove the ENGINE, and I don't have enough beers in the garage fridge for that job. Yet.

What should we name our race team?! Any suggestions on numbers to pick? I was thinking 116 (because it reads 911 if I'm upside down)

Wow the little 800 is a razor sharp RIPPER, and VASTLY different than the analog brute that is the EBR. Honestly the EBR is still scary at the end of even a short straight. It accelerates faster than any machine should, that has a squishy old human on top of it.

One is a runway model with daddy issues, that you let steal your wallet in the morning. The other is a trailer park girl that blows your socks off, punches you in the face, and tells you she'll steal your wallet in the morning as the rufees she slipped you kick in. Fun either way but it did get me thinking about an MV Agusta F3 for this silly little experiment.
    Last edited by Cooter; 12-04-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    What should we name our race team?! Any suggestions on numbers to pick?
    Either 10-4 or Lil-Buddy Racing for the team name. Maybe "RideItLikeYouStoleIt Racing"

I watched a MotoGP race at Laguna a few years back in person. The corkscrew is legendary. The Stoner vs Rossi race is epic. Racers say there's not one point on that track that you can relax and let er rip. Have fun and good luck.

Thanks and ya! Some epic battles there. We've gone to Moto GP and now the MotoAmerica races there for the last few years.

"What should we name our race team?! Any suggestions on numbers to pick? I was thinking 116 (because it reads 911 if I'm upside down)[/QUOTE]"

How about Cootels Racing. And "25or624"? I've got to hand it to you two for working that bucket list, and keeping the dream alive; Kudos. WAIT! ...... How about Kudos Racing? Kudos(noun)-praise & honor received for an achievement. I've raced at Thunderhill, but in a car w/ rollbar hoops,ha ha. I wouldn't have the balls to get my knee that close to the pavement,well maybe if I had race tires on my Uly,lol. No, probably not even then. I like my cage going around the track. I look forward to your chronicles Shaughn. Have great fun!

Thanks for the well wishes We're both gonna find out together...

I vote for the F3!!!!

giphy.gif
    Last edited by lancruza; 12-05-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Theres a good candidate of a Ninja 300 for sale from a buddy too. Not as 'cool', but Bubbles and I could run the all same classes!
    And I need a 6x12 single axle cargo trailer.
    and probably a better truck.
    ironically I found out my '04 Duramax is for sale locally, for more that I sold it for in 2014, all banged up now

Racing is fun?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast