Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We're goin' racin'!

We have officially stepped up the Backmarker Racing League accommodations! The last straw was doing California SuperBike School in mild temps but windy enough to have the tent blowing all over, and the track hosting grudge match drag racing until midnight. It's hard to focus the next day with 3 hours sleep... and we needed some relief from the 100+* summer sessions.

The trouble is that Josephine the El Camino is too short and too light to tow anything substantial so we have been tossing around the idea of a 6X10 single axle trailer to set up for sleeping too, or maybe a cargo van to convert as well? A toy hauler would be perfect, but they really only start at 19' long and thats just way too big to tow, to park, and to store. Been there done that towing a 28' tag trailer all across the US for about 4 years, we need something tiny.

After driving too far to look at Ex-meth lab, dog kennels on wheels we found one that wasn't even for sale (yet). Perfect in every way! 15' long, light, dual batteries, dual axles/brakes/dual propane, big awning, big bathroom, heck! it fits in one parking spot!

The 4-Runner hates it up the grapevine, but it stops well and tows arrow straight. A day of cleaning, a day of maintenance, and a day of loading and we are in hog heaven
    It was 103*+ all weekend for Round 3 of CRA. Must have been the good nights sleep that got me these little plastic goodies

Got the 2nd place in the old person/little bike class Ya ya I know, but it's SUPER exhilarating to consistently be able to pass riders (and our track buddies) I have been chasing all year! Lap times have been dropping fast.

I'm actually more proud of the 3rd place. It's a Supersport 400 race so everyones on the same bike. 2 wave start so the "experts" leave about 15 seconds before the Amateurs do. I muffed the start with a wheelie almost took out the girl behind me when it shot left and then had to come from the back of the pack, past Bubbles who was in a bar to bar fight with FOUR other bikes, and even pass an "Expert" rider to get on the podium! What a rush

Gonna spend my B-day back out there at Buttonwillow next week
    Last edited by Cooter; 08-01-2022 at 04:50 AM.

Cool !

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    We have officially stepped up the Backmarker Racing League accommodations! The last straw was doing California SuperBike School in mild temps but windy enough to have the tent blowing all over, and the track hosting grudge match drag racing until midnight. It's hard to focus the next day with 3 hours sleep... and we needed some relief from the 100+* summer sessions.

The trouble is that Josephine the El Camino is too short and too light to tow anything substantial so we have been tossing around the idea of a 6X10 single axle trailer to set up for sleeping too, or maybe a cargo van to convert as well? A toy hauler would be perfect, but they really only start at 19' long and thats just way too big to tow, to park, and to store. Been there done that towing a 28' tag trailer all across the US for about 4 years, we need something tiny.

After driving too far to look at Ex-meth lab, dog kennels on wheels we found one that wasn't even for sale (yet). Perfect in every way! 15' long, light, dual batteries, dual axles/brakes/dual propane, big awning, big bathroom, heck! it fits in one parking spot!

The 4-Runner hates it up the grapevine, but it stops well and tows arrow straight. A day of cleaning, a day of maintenance, and a day of loading and we are in hog heaven
    It was 103*+ all weekend for Round 3 of CRA. Must have been the good nights sleep that got me these little plastic goodies
    My legs look like that not only during the winter...but the summer too. They are usually best covered by overalls or riding gear!!

I'm either butt-white or lobster red. Nothing in between. Not a bit of melatonin in my system!

Had a fantastic round 4 and some amazing stories to follow!!!

Cliff notes: SHE legit beat ME, and bested my best lap time of the weekend for the first time ever.

Nice work!

Awesome, nice trailer too.

We had such a stellar round 3 and 4, I just found out we placed in the friggin' CHAMPIONSHIP, and will BOTH be getting awards at the banquet

Wow. I can't even....

Quote Originally Posted by cooter View Post
    we had such a stellar round 3 and 4, i just found out we placed in the friggin' championship, and will both be getting awards at the banquet

Wow. I can't even....
    free food and beer!?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast